It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

tampopo HB User
Alternative healing therapy

For those who may wish to try alternative healing therapy, the following is which i extracted from my traditional chinese medicine book and translated.. Hope it can help some of you...

gastritis is mainly caused by irregular eating habits, such as over indulgence in spicy food, pepper, garlic, alcohol, coffee etc. Easily digestible food such as white raddish, raddish, pumpkin, cabbage, potatoes, tofu and yam. Try not to eat fried, deep fried, smoke, bbq instead use more steaming or boiling. Seasonings less oil, less salt and less sugar.

Can drink regularly: potato juice, cabbage juice, green papaya juice.

Food to avoid: Walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds etc nuts will cause indigestions and bloating. Porridge (cereal) will cause more stomach acid. No cold food.. this will cause even more stomach acid. No Painkillers.. this will aggravate the gastric. For people who have gastroptosis (it is like droppy gastric) Advise is not to eat too full or drink too much, should eat less frequent meals instead.

For excess stomach acid, symptoms is the acid reflux into your throat, asmatic, burning heart symptoms.. You will feel a sharp pain if you go hungry for too long..

natural healing therapy 1:

Kelp ginger soup
Dried kelp 60cm long with 3-5 slices of ginger, water 3500cc..Put all into a pot, once boiled turn into small heat and it it continue to cook for another 1 hour.. filter and drink like water, it can help to neutralize the acid.

natural healing therapy 2:

potato juice
Skin the potato (do not use if the potatos have 'eyes' or the skin have turned green), cut into small pieces. Use a juice extractor and juice around 200cc.. Leave it for 3 mins, filter n drink. The white residue at the bottom is not for drinking, just drink the clear juice. Drink before meals, twice a day for 10 days and you will see the difference.

natural healing therapy 3:

lotus root juice
lotus root 600g, clean the skin and cut into pieces, use a juice extractor and juice about 200c. Can drink it fresh immediately to prevent oxidization. Lotus root can help to heal internal bleeding.

natural healing therapy 4:

cabbage juice
cabbage 350g, wash and cut and use a juice extractor. drink fresh immediately. It can help to prevent internal bleeding.

For excess stomach acid sufferers, pls avoid:
Porridge, cereal, rice milk, tea, coffee, cigerattes, alchol, indigestible food such as nuts, spicy food such as mustard, garlic, onions, sugar and processed food and do not overeat!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
(female)

winghall HB User
Re: Alternative healing therapy

Thanks for posting this. I now can see that porridge does not agree with me at all.
I will try some suggestions - have to buy a juicer first.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User

Ya i was eating alot congee and cereal because couldnt swallow. I noticed i stopped congee and its gotten better without it. I cant stop cereal though because dont know what to eat in the morning.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
(female)

winghall HB User

Hi Tampopo'
with the potato juice. How much do you drink the juice before each meal?
Not 200cc I hope!
Could you give more details. Thanks

Old 08-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
(female)

tampopo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by winghall View Post
Hi Tampopo'
with the potato juice. How much do you drink the juice before each meal?
Not 200cc I hope!
Could you give more details. Thanks
I will be giving this a try, esp the Kelp soup which is alkaline so its good to drink often to improve your body constitution. My guess is 200cc each time,
Maybe you can do it on alternate days?

Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
(female)

tampopo HB User

I have feedback that claims potato juice helps in the bloating issues. Another method is green lemon juice mix with warm water and drink on empty stomach in the morning... It helps to improve digestion.

Closed Thread