It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
(male)

ezroc HB User
Unhappy Stomach bloated, hard to breathe

I am a 41 year old male looking for answers for my stomach issues. I was diagnosed with anxiety and GERD back in 2004 and it has got worse since then with no relief. I am now experiencing a very bloated stomach and abdominal pains, which makes it difficult to breathe most of the time. Lately it's been worse at night and along with the anxiety of not really knowing what this is and thinking the worst makes it horrible to live with. I'm on here looking for people with similar issues and hoping to find somebody who has/had this who can help me with finding a cure. I feel like I'm going to die. Every time I go to ER they run blood tests, urine tests, ekgs, CT scans and x-rays and all they say is that it's acid reflux. This has to be more since now it's affecting my breathing. I feel like my abdomen is filled like a water balloon. PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be appreciated!!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

Shelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB UserShelley5716 HB User
Re: Stomach bloated, hard to breathe

Im looking for the same answers ... having this myself every day ... without insurance, its hard to find out whats goin on ... but I do pray u feel better soon. This has gotten so bad here, I cant even work anymore ...

The following user gives a hug of support to Shelley5716:
ezroc (08-14-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelley5716 For This Useful Post:
ezroc (08-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
(female)

dany1982 HB Userdany1982 HB User

it might be gastroparesis, ask your GI for stomach emptying test
I have gerd and my stomach is very bloated and I get pressure on my chest and my esophagus feels tight, hope you'll feel better

The Following User Says Thank You to dany1982 For This Useful Post:
ezroc (08-14-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

I am laughing because I just hung up with My Sister and told her My stomach feels bloated and looks like a balloon - when you find the Answer, let me know. Along with the bloating is pain in My tummy and gas.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
(female)

Kievve HB User

This sounds very much like the symptoms I had earlier this week, which were diagnosed as a gallstone attack combined with reflux. You might want to look into getting an abdominal ultrasound done to check for gallstones.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

omg you sound like me!

i walk around sometimes rubbing my belly pretending i'm pregnant because it looks like i am. and breathing, oy! then comes the anxiety...

some things i take for bloating & too much burping...

peppermint tea/eater's digest tea (the warmness is nice on your belly)
aloe vera gel from the health food store (soothing)
plain yogurt (gets the good bacteria flora in your stomach going)
ginger/curcumin/green tea (good for inflammation)
laying down and rubbing my stomach in circles and completely relaxing (mostly for anxiety).
half a tsp of baking soda in a glass of water (neutralizes acid)

good luck!

stay away from anti inflammatories like ibuprofen and naproxen. i get headaches and sometimes i cheat and take them and holy cow, next day my stomach is gigantor and chest pains and anxiety take over and i think i'm dying.

Last edited by PumpkinSeed; 08-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
(female)

Cathy676 HB User

Hi mines a little different and would like to see if anyone has any suggestions...

I recently had a bought with a kidney stone.( i think ) as in same as it felt b4 but i havent passed it yet.. that im aware of. Anyways its been 2 weeks now and im having pain like a dull pain 1 to 10 probable a 4 .. enough to know its there and annoying... the pain is about 6 inches to the right of my belly button.. and sometimes speads downwards like a curve towards my hip bone. Ive been taking percocets for my pain with the kidney stone. I got a plain xray for the kidney stone at my urologist and nothing was seen ( ie not the kidney stone either) there was bacteria in my urine sample so i am also on cipro right now.. along with tamsulosin to help my urine tract to release idk what the dr was really talking about was suppose to help the kidney stone pass if there was one. But he thinks i had a bad kidney/bladder infection is what caused my pain to begin with in my back.. ie why i went to the urologist... anyways so im trying to figure out what this could be... like i said pain to the right of my belly button.. when i stand up the pain kinda gets worse almost like a pulled muscle? And shoot down towards my butt... can anyone help?

Cathy

Old 05-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezroc View Post
I am a 41 year old male looking for answers for my stomach issues. I was diagnosed with anxiety and GERD back in 2004 and it has got worse since then with no relief. I am now experiencing a very bloated stomach and abdominal pains, which makes it difficult to breathe most of the time. Lately it's been worse at night and along with the anxiety of not really knowing what this is and thinking the worst makes it horrible to live with. I'm on here looking for people with similar issues and hoping to find somebody who has/had this who can help me with finding a cure. I feel like I'm going to die. Every time I go to ER they run blood tests, urine tests, ekgs, CT scans and x-rays and all they say is that it's acid reflux. This has to be more since now it's affecting my breathing. I feel like my abdomen is filled like a water balloon. PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be appreciated!!
Same hear does it make it hard to breath let me know if yogurt it resolved

Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

ezroc do you take PPIs? My experience is they caused me horrendous bloating and abdominal pains, and other symptoms that felt as if I had a very serious condition.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
(male)

druck HB User

I used to have very similar issues. My chest felt tight, it was hard to breathe, and my stomach felt swollen, especially after eating.
I eventually figured out that my problem was that I didn't have enough stomach acid. There are betaine hcl pills you can take after you eat to increase your stomach acid. One easy thing I did to help my situation was to squeeze half a lemon and 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink that while eating and after eating. My digestion improved and I could breathe better within 48 hours after starting drinking this mixture with food.

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal pain, bloated stomach, difficulty breathing