It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #31
(male)

scot724 HB User
Re: For those that have successfully gotten off ppi's and had rebound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacyc View Post
Is the rebound pain as bad now going from 10mg to 10mg every other day, as it was when you went down from 40mg to 20mg or from 20mg to 10mg? what was the worst period for you?
its definitely at its worse now compared to other transition points

but honestly the burn isnt whats bothering me as much as just the straight up ache in my chest which ive had since may but seems to get worse with no pill involved

Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
(male)

scot724 HB User

ive also lost 4lbs in the 4-5 weeks since i started so thats a plus im not really that overweight but i can stand to lose 15-20 lbs im hoping this whole process and losing weight helps overall

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

I was hoping the last transitions would get easier than earlier ones, but not from what you are experiencing. Hope you improve soon.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
(male)

scot724 HB User

Quote:
I was hoping the last transitions would get easier than earlier ones, but not from what you are experiencing. Hope you improve soon.
honestly the transition to say every other day to every other 2 days has been easier not a huge difference but the burning def has increased but i can tolerate it as i said the chest is really whats causing me issues now and i think thats related to the hernia but yet the burning hasnt gotten much worse compared to how the chest feels if that makes sense

Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #35
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

the burning is in the chest isn't it?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #36
(male)

scot724 HB User

Quote:
the burning is in the chest isn't it?
depends..for the most part its mid to upper abdomen

but i do get burn in my throat sometimes depends on the day i eat the same things so i dont know why one day is good one day bad

but the chest is very rarely burning its more a dull ache pressure

alot of the burning is pretty random at this point..it does happen in the chest as i said but for the most part the other areas

Last edited by scot724; 02-08-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
Veteran
(female)

Oh, is that from coming off the meds, a side effect of being on the meds, or did you always have that pain?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #38
(male)

scot724 HB User

Quote:
Oh, is that from coming off the meds, a side effect of being on the meds, or did you always have that pain?
burning in my stomach ive had for years now..i never really had reflux going up to my throat bad till may of this past year..and same with the chest ache all of that started and got worse in may out of no where

my current dr says the chest ache is from the hernia but no one has ever said the hernia could be causing anything else im going through

thats my concern with this is going through this whole process and then still possibly needing surgery or something for the hernia

but its not like the medicine was really helped me..it eased some of these new symptoms but i was still in consistent pain so that was the main reason to go off the med besides my thoughts that it has cause more harm then good if its not fully helping me then why be on it

Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
(male)

scot724 HB User

any lunch ideas?

im struggling to eat enough right now

salads are tough for me right now

dont know what else to have thats filling but not too filling and wont cause me harm when im so sensitive right now

Old 02-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #40
Veteran
(female)

I eat a lot of rice. I use basmati rice as its supposed to be gentle on the stomach + vegetables, soups etc.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #41
(male)

scot724 HB User

so i been off the med for 3 weeks with the weaning lasting over a month..i dont really have any burning without eating

but once i eat no matter what i eat i usually have burning and chest pain

im leaning towards this being hernia related

i just got back from the dr and he wants to do another bravo capsule on me this time im not on the medicine plus my symptoms have changed since the last

if it turns out to be acid related then we are going to talk more about surgery

Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
(male)

scot724 HB User

only thing now im concerned about is the bravo capsule last time i had it 2 years ago i had horrible chest pain when swallowing with it and couldnt really eat regular

im worried if i have this again and if my eating is altered then the test results wont be accurate

im debating the ph probe one but that sounds uncomfortable too dont know if that will be a better option though to avoid the pain from the capsule

Reply Reply