It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

carmwoman HB User
Unhappy Burning dry throat that wakes me through the night

I have had crohns disease, but lately I have been useing a Power Breathe Apparartus, also taking Boswellia and Vitamin D3 which has helped my long standing Crohns Disease of 47 years, however now I keep waking up with Burning dry throat that is quite painful each night, mind you do sometimes eat in bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Burning dry throat that wakes me through the night

I don't eat after seven and go to bed about eleven. It helps to prevent reflux if you do this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User
Re: Burning dry throat that wakes me through the night

Hi, if your issue is to do with acid coming up, have you tried eating rice pops before going to bed? I am a GERD sufferer myself and experiencing pretty bad acid rebound from drugs withdrawal. During the days when I had lots of acid in the stomach coming up the throat, chest pains etc, I tried eating rice pops. This is like popped corn (popcorn) but INSTEAD it is rice that has been popped without any additives. It absorbs stomach acid which helps. If you have it with honey, it soothes the throat and for me, it seemed to calm down the stomach. I ate this (fair quantity, not to overload) just before going to bed and DID NOT drink water afterwards. You do not want the water to get absorbed in to the rice pop which is instead meant to keep absorbing the stomach acid. Else it'll be wasted if you know what I mean....might be worth a try. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon :-)

Reply Reply