It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

bunnyworks HB User
Any help or tips welcome.

For the past few months I've felt horrible.
It started just with these dry heave attacks. I would randomly dry heave, but have never actually vomitted from it. I wouldn't even really be nauseated when it happens. It's gotten to the point where I can hardly leave home. I'm scared to eat, I try really hard to only eat things that aren't supposed to trigger acid reflux but it doesn't seem to matter. I started a food journal and there was no pattern to it. Eating a tums helps sometimes, as well as sipping 2% milk. Sometimes feel acid in the back of my throat but not always, the Tums help with that.
The only thing I'd say has changed when this started is maybe my diet but not much. I still live at home with my parents (19y/o) and we are having money trouble, so my diet has been a bit less fast food, and more rice, noodles, grilled cheese, random oven food, cheaper fruits and veggies. Like I said, I still have not found any pattern in what I eat to the attacks.
This has never happened before, and I haven't been able to see a doctor about it yet because of insurance problems and just feeling too much like crap to leave home.
I don't have any other pains or anything, occasional headache when it keeps me up at night.
Anyone dealt with this an have advice? I know eating the Tums too often is going to be bad in the long run and I'm getting scared, I have maybe 5-6 a day.
I know some of it is just the anxiety. I'm super emetophobic so when I feel kind of gaggy I freak myself out with stress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply