It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

Minx65 HB User
Inconclusive Endoscopy - now what?

To recap briefly, suffered night time reflux for 2 years, managed well with antacids. Had 2 x 2 week Omeprazole course July/August when the situation became slightly worse, which helped, but on withdrawal massive rebound which I've been dealing with since mid August. During the rebound period, symptoms began to occur both day and night, chest aching, lumpy throat, acid reflux, belching and latterly hoarse voice. Resisted returning to Omep, and was put on 300 mg Ranitidine daily which has taken the acid out of the equation, and eventually diminished but didn't completely resolve the other symptoms. Also I've consistently seen yellow stools.

Had endoscopy this morning which showed normal oesophagus, cricopharyngeus, cardio esoph junction, stomach, pylorus, duodenum first part and duodenum second part. Biopsies were taken to look for eosinophiic oesophagitis because I have allergy-driven asthma.

For the last five or six days I've shown a marked improvement in all symptoms and was beginning to feel optimistic that I was coming through this, until last night/this morning (4.00am) when I was awake with a sensation of reflux (no acid), and belching. There could have been no food whatsoever in my system by then, as I last ate 9 hours earlier. By the time I got to the clinic I had almost completely lost my voice, and my bp was 178/100 - a normal response for me in medical situations. All week bp has been around 116/76. Once sedated, bp returned to normal and voice was fine.

When under stress therefore, clearly my symptoms become worse. Is this normal when supposedly there is nothing adverse to be detected? I'm going back to the docs this week about the stools issue, which I've read can be a sign of gall bladder disease. I've had occasional ache under my right ribs but never the acute stuff that people talk about, more like a stitch pain, or a twisted muscle and then only four or five times a month.

Has anybody ever had anything like this? Or any views on what the problem might be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply