It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
(male)

Phillylpr HB User
Sudden onset of LPR

Hello all. On approximatley 9-12-12 in the afternoon at work I suddenly got the feeling of a lump in my throat. The only other kind of symptom that I have is extra burping, which actually makes the lump feeling better for about 5-10 seconds. No heartburn, no sore throat, no coughing.

I finally got an appointment with an ENT on the 24th of Sept. He looked down my throat with a mirror and said I had LPR and prescribed me 20mg/day of omeprazole. I take this every morning about 30 min to 1 hour before I eat. The first few days the lump seemed to be less irritating, but then came back full force. It's been almost 3 weeks and I feel no difference in this lump feeling. When I told my ENT that the feeling had gotten better but then worse again, I was told to just keep taking the medicine until I see him for my follow-up on 11-6-12.

I was only able to make a few changes to my diet/health. I have stopped all caffeine (soda and coffee), smoking and chocolate. Otherwise my diet is already pretty bland because of cholesterol and has been for years. No fatty foods, no spicy foods, no citrus, but lots of veggies, fruit, chicken and fish.

I am curious if there is anything over the counter that people use to help diminish the lump in throat feeling. I am 34 years old and have never had any real health problems and this is by far the worst feeling I have ever had. There is nothing more annoying then feeling like someone is sticking their thumb into your throat constantly. The only relief I get is in the first hour or two after I wake up.

I do have a GI appointment, but of course the earliest I could get was Nov. 26th.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and many many thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply