It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

jojokdz HB User
help!

I have GERD/IBS.. under alot of stress which I am being treated for this too. I am afraid to eat.. sometimes I am hungry and sometimes no appetite. When I eat, I get pain under my breastbone area(upper stomach maybe) this is mostly on the left side, but have had it on the right side too.. sometimes achey in my back.. could this be Gerd? Has anyone else experienced this..? Just had xrays done on my stomach, and colon. Bloodwork, stress test, echo, ekg's, chest xray and KUB of the kidneys...

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
(female)

InTheShelter HB User
Re: help!

It could be GERD related if you have a hernia. I have had similar pain with hiatal and paraesophageal hernias. I have also had problems with food getting stuck in my esophagus which is another possibility for the pain around the LES that you describe. Have you had a barium swallow or upper GI series? If not, I would recommend seeing if you can get one - that should show a hernia or if things are getting stuck in your esophagus. I have had mild to extremely severe chest pain with hernias or food getting stuck in my esophagus. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Help PPIs horrible side effects dany1982 Acid Reflux / GERD 2 02-04-2012 11:14 AM
Help Me.. please CuriousGeorge20 Acid Reflux / GERD 2 08-05-2011 08:36 AM
excess mucus, lump in back of throat, and vomiting. someone please help. pleaseee andreryan Acid Reflux / GERD 0 03-21-2011 04:24 PM
In Desperate Need of HELP! PLEASE read my story... Zoe26 Acid Reflux / GERD 46 01-14-2011 07:01 PM
How I got off zantac/prilosec and nexium and finding an answer...hope this can help.. Dan_the_man Acid Reflux / GERD 4 08-08-2008 10:34 AM