It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
(male)

HeavyInTX HB User
Heavy Chest

Hello everyone I have been having some weird chest/gastric issues lately.

In late May 2012 my problem began to reveal its ugly head. I was at a dance and did a quick run across the dance floor and my chest got really tight. I had never felt anything like it, but brushed it off. I felt fine the rest of the night and fine for another two weeks or so. June comes rolling around and I started to notice constant, but only slight tightness in my chest. Sometime later in June I went dancing again and it was the same scenario. I run onto the dance floor and my chest got really tight in addition to the slight tightness I was already feeling. From that point on its been hell.

From Late June to late August I had an intense 24/7 ache in my sternum between my breast area. I went from an active person that loves to travel to pretty much bedridden. I felt my breathing wasn't right and I had a heavy sensation in my throat. I would wake up at night gasping for air because I had burning in my lungs in addition to my intense sternum ache. Also, strong smells and heat seemed to make my breathing feel strained. I also noticed that climbing stairs would make my chest even more tight.

So now its October, and I still have the constant sternum ache that varies from an annoying 1 on the pain scale to a 10. Walking and moving seem to intensify my achy sensation that can turn into a stabbing sensation just where the sternum ends at the bottom . I still sometimes feel that my breathing isn't right. I pretty much feel sick around the clock with pressure and aching in my epigastric region, sternum ache between my breast, and intense pressure around the diaphragm and spine that comes and goes.

I have been on antacids since July (no relief) and I have had an upper endoscopy that revealed I have a hiatal hernia and gastritis. The ECHO on my heart turned out ok as well.

I rarely got heartburn in the past, and the only things that would cause heartburn were BBQ and whiskey which I quit over a year ago. I know what gastritis discomfort feels like cause I've been dealing with it for over a year. I went from feeling just fine to complete misery rather quickly. Do you guys think my new constant misery could be caused by my hiatal hernia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply