It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

Niki1980 HB UserNiki1980 HB User
Acid Reflux?? LPR?? Help!!

Hi all. I have no idea what is going on. Maybe you guys can give me insight. I have never had traditional heartburn. To me heartburn is the painful burning sensation that travels up from your stomach to your throat and burns your chest. Here is what happens to me: sharp pain just below sternum that comes and goes and usually only last 1-2 days (happens once a month) then comes the digestive issues. I can feel my stomach burn but it never travels up my chest but the back of my throat is a different matter. It almost feels like I have swallowed an entire box of altoids because it is a cool burning sensation that leaves my throat red and raw.

I have tried the PPI's (prilosec, prevacid, etc) and all they do is stop my digestion. I am currently taking Pepcid AC once daily to see if this really is acid reflux or LPR.

I have been to an GI (endoscopy, colonoscopy, gastric emptying, hida-scan and even had my gall bladder removed~!!) and he never found anything and the ENT did the scope down my nose (a lot of fun) and said that I had a lot of inflammation on my vocal chords but no scarring or anything abnormal and said it was probably LPR. I told this to my GI and he disagrees. Has anyone else experience this?? If so what has helped? I am also having problems with sleeping and my heart rate is high (always in the 100's) but blood pressure is good. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply