It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

lagger HB User
fluttering in abdomen??

I haven't been on here awhile, been feeling good. My acid reflux all started from what I believe was from taking fish oil last winter. After prescription prilosec, otc prilosec, then 40 mg Nexium at night and nothing was working, went to GI, he suggested taking the Nexium 45 minutes before breakfast, as well as doing an endoscopy showing no issues/no damage. He also prescribed ranitdine to take at night. With the changing of the Nexium and the ranitdine, boy did I feel better!! I even slowly started alcohol back in my diet. The GI said that you can used to ranitdine so suggested I wean myself off it now and then. I did and took tums at night for a few nights, then found I was fine. I still raise my pillow, but felt so good. I then slowly started on a low acid coffee, then back to regular coffee. Every now and then felt like a sour spray into my throat and every now and then a little coating on my tongue, but really, it was so mild that I really forgot about the acid reflux. Felt back to normal.

Feeling so back to normal I thought perhaps weaning to a lower dosage of Nexium, but found out there isn't less than 40, but could do every other day and then every few days. But, decided not to do that just yet. Wanted to get through holidays of feeling great.

A few months ago I started noticing little flutters in my upper stomach, below the ribs. I have been pregnant and it feels like a baby kicking. It usually happens at night when I'm sleeping. I just decided it was gas bubbles, seem to be more gassy with all this acid reflux.

So the other night I went to a movie with the kids and had popcorn, then to dinner and had a beer. The final thing I had a pumpkin pie blizzard (had been craving one). I had part of a small one, but was very full already, I never eat ice cream. This was Thursday night.

Friday afternoon I noticed more acid squirting into my throat and thought it was probably from the ice cream, as most people on here say dairy can be a trigger. That night was ok. Yesterday again felt the acid a bit in my mouth, night was good. Then in the middle of the night last night had the fluttering again. Woke up to some acid on my tongue, it's not horrible, but it's there.

I decided to look up what body part is on my left side and it said spleen!!

I was on one health board and they thought it was acid reflux, gas, anxiety, no real answers.

So back here....any thoughts???? TIA!!!

I think I may go back on the ranitdine for a few days again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
(female)

lagger HB User
Re: fluttering in abdomen??

I thought I'd post what I found out. I called the nurse and she said that gas can get trapped in the intestines and is working on getting out, very normal. The fluttering did go away. It was SO bad though! I read on another site that some women that had been trying to have a baby thought perhaps they were really pregnant! I have had a baby kicking and wow, the fluttering really feels like that. Kind of scary though, it was in the area where my spleen is!

Reply Reply