It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

CoughingStudent HB User
LPR and Excercise

I was wondering if any LPR suffers experience worse symptoms when excercising. I just start coughing WAY more, which leads me to be more out of breath from cough so much. That, combined with already being out of breath from excercising, does not have good results. This is one reason why my doctors thought I had excercise induced asthma (which I do not)...but I am not out of breath from the physical excertion. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this problem?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
(male)

33333 HB User
Re: LPR and Excercise

I have shortness of breath/asthma like symptoms when I exercise. I don't play basketball anymore because of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
(male)

Johnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB User

I don't have any asthma symptoms but I have had to modify my exercise routine to some degree. Don't to any stomach crunches anymore or anything that puts pressure on the stomach as well I drink a lot of water while exercising to rinse down any acid that makes it's way up my esophagus.
You should perhaps be sleeping on a wedge , night time can leave you very susceptible to acid back flowing up your esophagus as muscles relax while you sleep. Gravity is not your friend while sleeping. I find it very important to sleep on a wedge in terms of keeping the soreness in my chest to a minimum.

Last edited by Johnah; 10-29-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

CoughingStudent HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnah View Post
I find it very important to sleep on a wedge in terms of keeping the soreness in my chest to a minimum.
What type of chest pain do you have? Is it just a general achey feeling? Because I also have that, but I wasn't sure if it was a result of constantly coughing and hacking...or even if it is completely unrelated. So this chest pain is LPR related?

It's interesting you mentioned about the excessive drinking. I drink SO much water throughout the day...although I don't actually feel anything really coming up in my esophogus. Do you feel the acid coming up? Or do you just feel the need to drink as a result?

Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
(male)

Johnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB UserJohnah HB User

I don't feel anything coming up in my chest or throat, never get heart burn either. When I breathe my chest is sore , sometimes it is hardly noticeable other times it is hard to take a deep breath. I can tell if I eat the wrong foods etc.. So it is not an achy pain or muscle pain but as if I have some inflammation from the LPR and it is irritated by breathing in. Something you might feel if you had a cold for a few days and it made your chest sore. I never cough or hack though with this, just a sore chest or it could be just the esophagus where it links with the lungs that is inflamed.

I drink a lot of water because I know if the acid is coming up even as a vapour rather than a liquid that the water rinses it back into the stomach. It does make me feel better, the less exposure to the stomach acid the better for your esophagus etc.. I force myself to drink so it isn't a feeling I have to. Just know it makes me feel better.

Last edited by Johnah; 10-30-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Reply Reply