It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
(female)

hamsterboi123 HB User
Exclamation Do I have GERD?

For the past few weeks I've been experiencing a few symptoms such as dirrhoea/loose stools, on and off abdominal pain, heartburn, sharp pain in chest and difficulty breathing. it was a week ago when i suddenly felt this sharp pain my chest for the first time and i suddenly felt like i was out of breath, so i went to the ER and they did an ECG on me and it turns out that my heart is fine (which makes sense since im only 20)
and ever since that day ive been having on and off heartburn and chest pains? it starts from the middle of my chest and sometimes moves up to the area just below my right shoulder blade... i went to see a doctor and he diagnosed me with GERD, and ive been on nexium for about 8 days but im still getting the symptoms.
but im a little bit unsure if i really do have GERD as although i do get heartburn, i dont think i get any acid reflux (i cant taste any acid in my mouth even when i burp) and i haven't been having nausea.
do you think i have GERD? or could my symptoms be purely due to stress?
i know should get a second opinion, but i just dont ahve the time at the moment because its exam period for me so i thought id just ask here and get some opinions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
acid reflux, chest pain, gerd, heartburn