It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
(male)

sgtrock HB User
Thumbs up My new journey & Battle with PPi Protonix after Nexium

I am currently on my sixth day taking generic form of Protonix 40mg....I found myself in the hospital again last week experiencing frightening chest pains about third time since April...this time they did a heart cath and everything was fine for 57yo male actually it was great report...anyway two days in the hospital they gave me protonix (didn't have nexium) when I got home I started back with nexium and immediately had excrutiating chest pains...knowing it wasn't a heart attack I was able to manage but it was weekend so I stopped the nexium. I thought I could manage with zantac and pepcid until I could get the doctor to prescribe protonix..I actually felt better the following day but that night I got intense stomach burn and got sic all over again was able to manage throughout the night with gaviscon. Next day doctor prescribed Protonix, Lexapro10mg, and Ativan 1mg for anxiety and depression..my wife please her Heart is at wits ends with me..I had stopped eating for about three days and have dropped more wgt. 305lbs April to 210lbs today...I actually feel better the last few days for I believe the medication is helping me mentally and I started to eat again but very carefully. I thought the Protonix would kick in immediately but it has taken several days for everything to calm down. I see the Doctor next week and this has only been going on for 7 to 8 months. Should I ask for blood test for to test my levels of for B-12 and Magnesium for when they taken my blood they say everything is fine. I want all of you to know that even though I haven't been capable of posting lately for it was driving my wife crazy when I started looking for answers on the computer blogs and possibly driving me crazy for I know that there is no one answer...God Knows I been praying for a miracle and when I read some of the post I ask the Lord to forgive me for being such a pansie when I know some are suffering worst then me and I ask for blessing of healing for them...same thing with my fellow brothers and sisters & their famalies who lost so much in the war on terror...I have been gathering alot of information provided by ya on this site to start my journey to get off this stuff once and for all and will be glad to share anything I find...anyway thank all of you, bless all of you... there are so many storms we walk thru in life and I do hope that each of you find the rainbow....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply