It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

Mybecket HB User
Nissen Fundoplication reversal

Hi! Please help.
Has anyone on here had a nissen fundo reversal? I have read about people WANTING them, but have yet to read about successes/failures of a take down.

Little background,
My son had a very traumatic entrance into this world and spent his first month of life in the NICU. The Doctors said that once we got him a feeding tube, we could go home. They also did a PH probe (I don't know what the score was), and everyone on staff recommended a nissen fundoplication. Well, two days after surgery and the pain meds began to wear off, my boy started arching, screaming and crying. The hospital sent us on our way THAT DAY, and my little guy has been in hell ever since.
This was two years ago, and I keep promising my guy I will find someone to make him better. The hospitals act like I am a crazy woman, and just keep offering new medications for us to try. The medications actually make him worse! Reflux medications, especially PPI's tore him apart. Pain meds, nerve calmers, muscle relaxors, and medication to slow his heart rate, all work on a sporadic basis(when he is having a really bad day), but if used on a regimented basis, it's bad news!
Also, anyone who has had a nissen, is it uncomfortable for you to sit? Becket is happiest lying flat on his back, and being in the upright position is no good for him. This makes learning quite a challenge, and traveling is excruciating for him.
And not to get too personal, but does it hurt for you to poo? Do you ever get the cold sweats, especially when using the bathroom?

So, if any of you have had a reversal, where did you get it done? Who preformed the procedure? Did it help?

Thank You for any and all feedback!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply