It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
(male)

wbb827 HB User
Question Hiatal Hernia? LPR? GERD?

My symptoms:
-Post nasal drip
-sour throat in the mornings
-mild hoarsness
-constant burping and passing of gas
-dull pain radiating to the neck, ears, and sometimes jaw line

Medications:
-prilosec (3 weeks, eliminated heartburn but did nothing for reflux)
-reglan (same effects as prilosec)

I havent had any coughing, vomiting, regurgitations, nasea, or anything so severe i couldnt handle it, but I'am very curious as to what this is. I've been told lpr or possibly hiatial hernia on a different health board. So I'm trying this question on here, hoping for some good feedback so maybe I'll know what my next step is. I have made some lifestyle changes, and am currently still making the adjustments, as I just started experiencing symptoms a few weeks ago. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Please note: Just quit dipping snuff after 4 years of it, so my body and mind are still trying to deal with the changes. I must say even though this experience has been somewhat painful and worrying, it has brought out great change in my life and a better focus on my health at a younger age (22).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
(female)

Xenat HB User
Re: Hiatal Hernia? LPR? GERD?

Sounds like LPR, but you should have an endoscope done to see if its just a weak LES or its a hernia. That way they will know which was to treat it best

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply