It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

Spunkyhunny HB UserSpunkyhunny HB User
When will this get better

Hi all
Haven't posted in a long time, started working again full time.
So i have been doing better off and on..few good days here and there...then last nite was terrible..had very bad reflux,,took a pepcid and then a pepto after that....didnt really help..could feel the acid in the back of my throat,,,it was bad...so this morning it is still pretty bad..took another pepcid,,,had some yogurt about an hour later, still semi-burning....the thing is like i have mentioned before..I never had any reflux problems before my mother got sick and passed so suddenly...I am trying the all natural things like manuka hine...mastic gum, dgl, propolis, etc...i know it can take along time to heal with synthetic drugs never mind natural stuff...but this is really getting to me. Even with bed propped up still have reflux 60% of the day and night....Any suggestions would be great...has anyone tried coral calcium,,i have heard its supposed to help with the les to tighten it up...

Not sure what else I can do...still on good diet,,,no bad stuff...please help
running out of options
Thanks
spunky

Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
(male)

lprguy HB User
Re: When will this get better

Hi Spunky!

Could you describe what are your symptoms? Do you have heartburn or just acid taste in mouth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

Hi I get heartburn....not sure if I get the acid taste as unfortunately I seem to always have weird taste in mouth....do you get flare ups...not sure what else to call it...never had heartburn or reflux like this until taking ppis...was under extreme stress 24/7for three and a bit months doc said had gastritis gave me tecta ...stomach problems got worse as did mothers health....things went really bad after she passed...dic gave me Prevacid..then tecta again as Prevacid didn't really work...did that for six weeks had very bad rebound since August ...I do have good days but it now seems I always have reflux...just don't get it...as I type this I have burning in between ribs like the triangle part where they meet..have taken a Pepcid already today....really at a loss as to what to do...so frustrating and depressing..still stressed out really need some advice on something else to help with this
Thanks
Spunky

Old 11-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

Hi spunky, sorry to hear you are still suffering. Hang in there, you will have more good days and less bad days as time goes on hopefully.

You already know the alternatives (DGL etc), so dont want to repeat what you already know, but keep believing if you didnt have this to start with then there is no reason at all why your body won't rebalance and go back to how it was before the reflux started.

Also, how are doing with your grieving process? I hope you are able to talk/ cry etc and let your feelings out. I find that holding back tears can physically trigger reflux as the diaphragm and throat tighten up.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacyc View Post
Hi spunky, sorry to hear you are still suffering. Hang in there, you will have more good days and less bad days as time goes on hopefully.

You already know the alternatives (DGL etc), so dont want to repeat what you already know, but keep believing if you didnt have this to start with then there is no reason at all why your body won't rebalance and go back to how it was before the reflux started.

Also, how are doing with your grieving process? I hope you are able to talk/ cry etc and let your feelings out. I find that holding back tears can physically trigger reflux as the diaphragm and throat tighten up.
Hi Kacyc
thank you for asking about the grieving process...its very difficult, i seem to get more reflux when i get stressed, (usually stressed) but i find more when its sudden stress if you know what I mean. I hope that my body can rebalance..sometimes it just does not make sense when it happens,,just out of the blue...i can eat the same stuff for a week and then one day..it just comes out of now where...I appreciate your input on rebalancing
I never thought of it that way before...i just get upset when it happens and sad that it is not better yet...frustration i guess is better word...
thank you for your kind words
Spunky

Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
(female)

HI lpr guy
i have heartburn...burning on left or right side of stomach some times, id o get the acid coming into mouth once in a while, mostly after sleeping i seem to slide down off pillows to lay flat even tho bed is raised and when i get up it like the acid goes from top of throat down into stomach and then all the way backup again in about 5 seconds,,,its gross...
I do seem to get reflux out of the blue for no reason at all tho,..very frustrating, i find i have alot of gas,,not sure if its intestinal or stomach cant really tell sometimes...lots of tummy gurgling and sometimes the reflux pain goes through to the middle of my back...very uncomfortable..seems like salt maybe a trigger not sure tho...
Have a great day all
Spunky

Old 11-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
(female)

Marrie Ann HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkyhunny View Post
HI lpr guy
i have heartburn...burning on left or right side of stomach some times, id o get the acid coming into mouth once in a while, mostly after sleeping i seem to slide down off pillows to lay flat even tho bed is raised and when i get up it like the acid goes from top of throat down into stomach and then all the way backup again in about 5 seconds,,,its gross...
I do seem to get reflux out of the blue for no reason at all tho,..very frustrating, i find i have alot of gas,,not sure if its intestinal or stomach cant really tell sometimes...lots of tummy gurgling and sometimes the reflux pain goes through to the middle of my back...very uncomfortable..seems like salt maybe a trigger not sure tho...
Have a great day all
Spunky
Try to eat something, some bread or biscuits. It always works.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
(female)

jorama HB User

I just want you to know that I am going through the exact same thing. Its getting me very depressed and more anxious, I am completely miserable and wish this would end already. I want my old life back. I already lost about 10lbs cause of anxiety, nausea and fear of eating. I dont know what else to do anymore.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
(female)

I hear you jorama..its so frustrating...i was fine a year ago til my mom had heart attack and they gave her a week to live...ever since then it has been a struggle and lately it has been worse,,as i am thinking it is getting closer to the time when it started..i am not sure..seems like it is getting worse some days instead of better..i understand the body needs to rebalance and everything, but how long does that take...i have changed my whole life because of this...the anxiety is bad,,,lost almost 30lbs,,,its been bad...
hope you feel better..wouds like to talk to you more, find out how you have been coping...
Spunky

Reply Reply