It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

Ldeppect08 HB User
Gallbladder disease symptoms?

Hi, this is my first post and I just need some help and some reassurance that I'm not crazy!!
I'm a 27 year old single mom who has been having URQ pain for almost a year now, specifically under my ribs on the right side. It feels like something in there is swollen. It's not ALWAYS painful but it is always uncomfortable. I've had awful acid reflux that I have been prescribed Prilosec for and it does seem to be helping with the reflux, but the pain and discomfort is always present. The pain also manifests in my back on the right side most of the time along WITH the pain in front, and sometimes I even get pain on the left side also.
I've been dealing with this, mainly because of two things; 1) i've had so many CT scans and ultrasounds that show no stones or blockages that I can't even count them on fingers and toes anymore and 2) all my labs come back normal too and now that the reflux is under control, they're all, "Oh well you should be fine now.." except I'm NOT.
My doctor said that next time I had an acute attack I was to go directly to the ER and tell them I need a HIDA scan and not to leave until I get one. So, a little over a week ago, I woke up in so much pain I couldn't breathe and I toughed it out for a while until a visit to my GYN for an unrelated problem, when the doctor said, "Would you either go to the ER or call your gastro because I have never seen someone in so much pain in my life and I see laboring women all the time."
Well I went to the ER, and they tell me they can't to a HIDA scan through the ER and they send me for ANOTHER ultrasound and of course, they see nothing, so they gave me morphine and sent me home. I haven't had another severely acute attack since then but I've had awful indigestion almost every day since and today I'm having terrible diarrhea.
My doc IS sending me for a HIDA scan but it hasn't been scheduled yet and I'm starting to wonder how the heck long i can handle this. I'm SURE it's my gallbladder because my mother and her sister both had their gallbladders removed (mom had stones, and aunt had gallbladder disease, which is what i think I have..) and because these symptoms fit...
But my doctor is all, "I don't think the HIDA scan is going to show us anything, you're too young for your gallbladder to be diseased."
Please. Someone tell me that I'm not crazy because I'm starting to think I am since nobody believes me and things just seem to be getting WORSE, not BETTER and I'm a single mother, I can't be in this much pain all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply