It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

Niki1980 HB UserNiki1980 HB User
Regurgitation

Does anyone else regurgitate their food? Ths just started happening a few months ago. Food feels like it is stuck in my throat and won't go down all the way for an hour or so. On Prevacid 15mg once a day but not sure if it s helping or making t worse. Has anyone's else experienced this? Diagnosis? Treatment?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
(female)

Ash84 HB User
Re: Regurgitation

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. I eat or drink and then it feels like the food just stays stuck there and a little bit later on it comes back up and usually partially undigested. I had a bad bout of this a couple of days ago and had to go to the ER and the DR. gave me a phenagryn/demorol IV and then said that I might have gastroperesis or something wrong with my galbladder. He gave me some reglan which I had been on several yrs prior but quit because of the blackbox FDA warning. It seemed to help but over the weekend my symptoms came back. I am also on Prevacid but I don't feel it's working. Back in August I had an esophageal motility study and upper EGD done but everything came back normal, they also tested for eosinophilic esophagitis and that was negative too. What
all are your symptoms ? Have you looked into gastroperesis or the galbladder? Have you had any tests ran?

Last edited by Ash84; 11-25-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: wanted to better format

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
(female)

Niki1980 HB UserNiki1980 HB User
Re: Regurgitation

Ash84, Yes, I have had all the testing done. Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Gastric Emptying etc. Had my gall bladder removed in July but don't think this helped much of anything. The only test I have not done is the 24h PH monitoring. Reason being is my GI said that if it tests positive for acid then I have to take Prevacid or Prilosec anyways and if it tests negative then another surgery like the Fundo may be required. :/ So, I have opted to just take the Prevacid 15mg (have been for 2 weeks) and see where this gets me. Unfortunately I cannot take Reglan because of a bad reaction. Keep me posted on what you finds works for you.

Reply Reply