It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
(male)

Joshj HB User
Gerd resolved

Hey guys,

I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia & relaxed lower esophageal sphincter around a month ago after a Gastroscopy. My biggest problem is getting a good nights sleep! This has become a bit like the bane of my life and I really want to get it sorted.

I have just joined (great forums!) and only done a bit of reading around but I was wondering; Has anyone here actually RESOLVED THEIR GERD?!

Maybe someone who has spend a lot of time is the forum has a better idea of how many cases have come through here that have found a solution.

Many thanks,
Josh

Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
(male)

Pratoman HB User
Re: Gerd resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshj View Post
Hey guys,

I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia & relaxed lower esophageal sphincter around a month ago after a Gastroscopy. My biggest problem is getting a good nights sleep! This has become a bit like the bane of my life and I really want to get it sorted.

I have just joined (great forums!) and only done a bit of reading around but I was wondering; Has anyone here actually RESOLVED THEIR GERD?!

Maybe someone who has spend a lot of time is the forum has a better idea of how many cases have come through here that have found a solution.

Many thanks,
Josh
Josh, i have had GERD for years, and finally decided to address it. I tried Zantac, Prescription Prilosec, etc. It all worked but each time my doc tried to wean me off it, it would eventually come back. I could go 2 days without meds, and on the third day it showed up again.

Finally i lost 28 pounds, and changed my eating habits. That did the trick. Hope it helps, not sure if it applies to your situation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
(female)

winghall HB User
Re: Gerd resolved

I had an episode of GERD in 2000 after a period of stress and no PPI helped it. so in the end, I ended not taking anything. It went by itself after 2 years (not without lots of drama eg. endoscopy 3 times , this and that tests etc..). Now in 2011 it came back because it did not learn a lesson from the first episode. I let myself stressed out with some personal problems. Wow!! this time I have learnt a lesson and could see the true connection between GERD and emotions/moods. I still have GERD/LPR. You need to relax and hopefully (yes, hopefully) it will resolve by itself. Miracles do happen !!!!

Reply Reply