It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

lagger HB User
good days and bad days

I've already posted before, thought I'd post part of it again.

I started Nexium last spring, wasn't working. Doctor changed it from evening to day and what a difference! I had a scope, all was fine. Took the Nexium plus Ranitidine at night for about a month, weaned off the Ranitidine. Felt SOOOO good. I slowly drank alcohol, slowly working coffee back into my diet. Did not put back in citrus or spicy. I had 2 months of feeling "me" again.

Then the last week of October I had a full dinner with a beer, then topped it off with part of a small DQ blizzard. I was so full, next day acid back into mouth. This lasted for a few days, then slowly felt better. Also, started Ranitidine again at night. After a couple weeks I was feeling somewhat better, tried coffee again. Then had a weekend of drinking too much! Had bile come up after all of that. Cut coffee, alcohol, eating so bland. A week went by and I was just in EXCRUCIATING pain with HB. It started in my chest, moved slowly down to my stomach. After a week of this I had an "aha" momnet....APPLES!!! I was eating apples all the time, thinking this would help me with the bile issue that I had experienced. The bile went away yes, but I have acid here and there.

It was a few days before Thanksgiving I realized apples. Looking online it says it can help AR, but if you reverse it, it says apples can be acidic! I was very close to trying out AC vinegar and honey, read a lot about this. If I have a reaction to apples, not sure what the vinegar would do? I got through Thanksgiving. I didn't overeat, I did have a couple drinks of pure vodka. Wasn't feeling horrible.

The last few days I have felt like the acid is up near my sinus passages. It doesn't hurt, but it does feel like that's where it is. A couple days ago I had acid shoot up. Last night I felt like my laryx was on fire! It still hurts today. I'm chewing gum, drinking water, eating honey.

I'm on the verge of seeing a Naturopath...again. I'm popping tums, enzymes, avoiding foods, and still feel awful. I swear that some mornings I feel really good, then soon after I take the Nexium that symptoms start to form.

Every day is different for me these days over the last month. I was really hoping to get into this holiday season feeling good and feeling like I can sneak a drink or a cookie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User
Re: good days and bad days

Hey, I'm right there with you. I never have apples now, as they have quite frequently given me that painful burning...So I just avoid them, no biggie.

Did you say you weaned yourself off of Nexium, or was that just the Zantac? I, myself, have been off of omeprazole for over 3 weeks, and am trying to limit H2's. When you actually have the reflux/pain, what do you do to relieve it? I've found gotten some success lately with just plain old tums/liquid antacid (i.e. Mylanta)/etc.

Reply Reply