It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

davysmom HB User
ARM Pain

I have severe acid reflux and I haven'been on one of my acid pills and know I've been getting pain in arms and fingers and back and esophagus etc.My Dr. Said it was only because I have been off the meds and it does effect arms etc,and this makes no sense.It has happened before and she said the same thing but I don't understand and to top it off this time it has lasted for 8 days and she said if it was your heart it wouldn't have lasted that long.Thanks debra

Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User
Re: ARM Pain

Hi Debra, you could be experiencing 'acid rebound" if you get these pains when you haven't been taking your meds. It depends how long you have been taking them, and do you normally take them regularly?

Acid reflux can cause referred pain the arms, neck, back, head, ears etc because of a shared nerve plexus.

But, also, proton pump inhibitors can cause bone pains. This is due the fact that they effect the minerals in bones, but also there is a more scientific explanation which is because the same chemical reaction caused by proton pump inhibitors in the stomach, also happens inside the vacuoles within bones. Therefore if you suddenly stop taking the medication you get an influx of acid within the bones, causing a type of rheumatic pain. It can affect any of the bones. I had it in my fingers, feet, cheeks, back, and ribs.

That said, if you feel it is your heart, always safe to get it checked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply