It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
(male)

renegade7 HB User
LPR and Fundo, How long for throat healing?

Hello all, I have previously mentioned that I am getting the Niesson Fundo in Jan. Any ideas as to when the horseness and the rest of the Larnex will begin to heal. I am hoping the mucas and such will go away. Anyone have this surgery for LPR and can say it helped with your throat? I know it will take some time to heal after a few years of acid damage. Info will be great. Thanks. BTW, I have still yet to physically meet anyone who had LPR and had this surgery. Would love to have a discussion with him or her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: LPR and Fundo, How long for throat healing?

Well, my reflux coughing was gone from the moment I woke up from surgery. My GI doc kept me on my PPI's (60 mg Dexilant) even after the surgery. That facilitated my throat healing.

Honestly, while I had chronic throat irritation and hoarseness, I was dealing with such severe breathing and coughing problems that I was more focused on the healing of those areas that I really can't remember how long it took my throat to heal. I do know that my GI doc has always said to give things at least a month for healing to take place.

Sorry I can't help more. Have you asked your surgeon or GI doc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
(male)

renegade7 HB User

Thanks for the reply MR. My surgeon says he can't guarantee the hoarseness will go away, or the muecas , but he can guarantee the reflux will stop and if that is the cause of the throat issues, which my EENT doc says is, then that is the solution. So as for time to heal, he couldn't say. But his surgery team has done a number of these surgeries, and he told me it's not a big deal, as I should be fine in 6-8 weeks. Easy for him to say. But he speaks from the number of these he has done. I have been to this surgeon several times to discuss this surgery, so in I shall go. Still. plenty of doubt on my end. Now I wish I did this long ago.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I forgot to say that I stopped getting my chronic sinus infections after I had the surgery. I had no idea that the acid reflux was causing so many of my sinus and PND problems since I also have major allergy issues and always assumed that was what had been the problem.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

I've had the fundo. I no longer have a feeling of a constant lump in my throat, but I still get discomfort, sore throats, throat clearing, coughing, nose running and eyes watering.

Reply Reply