It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

LolaK HB User
Unhappy Reflux with throat mucus clearing,constipation,hiatal hernia..help

Hi, I have been dealing with constipaion for a long time. Hiatal hernia with gerd and nonstop throat clearing from mucus. This is extremely annoying for me and people around me. Been having hot spells also. Pain in upper back alot. Any suggestions out there for me. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for any replys as I have been miserable.
Kim

Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

LolaK HB User
Re: Reflux with throat mucus clearing,constipation,hiatal hernia..help

Help im desperate!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
(male)

Tandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB User

Modify diet and take something for the gerd and sleep with your head elevated would be a start. It may be the gerd or something else.

I had many of the same symptoms. Two gastro doctors said that I was fine. Finally I had my gall bladder out, 16 units of blood taken out over 2.5 years for hemochromatosis, and TIF surgery for my reflux and I am much better.

Good luck with it.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

LolaK HB User

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to modify my diet. Hopefully that will help. I'm not sure what TIF surgery is? I am glad you are feeling better because this is driving me nuts! Not to mention people around me! I will google TIF.
Hope you have a great Christmas!

Old 12-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #5
(male)

Tandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB UserTandem Rider HB User

TIF is Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication

I had mine 1.5 years ago and it has greatly reduced my reflux.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
(male)

DarknessDew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaK View Post
Hi, I have been dealing with constipaion for a long time. Hiatal hernia with gerd and nonstop throat clearing from mucus. This is extremely annoying for me and people around me. Been having hot spells also. Pain in upper back alot. Any suggestions out there for me. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for any replys as I have been miserable.
Kim
Hello Lolak
i suggest that you ask an ENT or gastro doctor to make you a pH probe test to make sure if you have acid reflux or not
this is the best way. it's quit annoying but it's the most accurate test i believe

for me i was diagnosed with lpr ( acid reflux to the throat ) because i had two things, the constant clearing of my throat and the constant feeling of a lump or mucus in my throat

and i am thinking seriously to have a TIF surgery because all medicines have failed to help me

i hope my words were quit useful for you
and i hope you get better

Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
(female)

LolaK HB User

I can tell you you I have alot of acid reflux and pain in my back. Thank you for answering my post. The pain is unbearable alot of the time. Trying to get my bowels moving. Going to try food combining. Have you tried doing that yet? I have stopped drinking coffee even though I love it. I will look up TIF because i don't know anything about it. Hoping to get healed up soon. I hope you feel better also .

Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
(male)

DarknessDew HB User

Hello Lolak
i do experience some back pain but i don't think this has something to do with acid reflux
and yes me too stopped coffee and tea, also stopped chocolate and any other thing that probably causes reflux but yet this didn't help me
so i think seriously about the surgery

in regards to the TIF surgery, it is an anti-reflux surgery done by an endoscope, without any incisions in the body

Last edited by Administrator; 12-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Reply Reply