It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
(female)

Rls1994 HB User
Why do I feel like vomiting all the time?

Some days it's worse than others, like today so far..

I just ate some crisps, then ate some rice and drank some tea and now I've been feeling nauseous since.. It feels like the rice is coming back up or something. I'm terrified of vomiting (I have a phobia of it), so please do not tell me to vomit because I won't. My body always seems to stop myself from doing it anyway. I do not have a stomach virus or food poisoning by the way as I have no other symptom...

Every few minutes/minute, or even seconds I can feel it come up, but it only goes as far as the back of my throat. I know it's not a burp because I can just tell.... I always take a breath whenever I feel it come up because I'm scared it's just going to come up even further.

Sometimes, I cannot tell if it's a burp or not, so I try forcing and some liquid like crap comes up a little but doesn't reach my mouth. It does NOT feel acidic most of the time, so I'm guessing it's not Acid Reflux? Anyway, when it happens I get this disgusting vomit like taste in my mouth... It feels as if you've just thrown up or going to throw up... I have to get a drink after to get rid of the taste. I'm so confused to what this is, and it's making me depressed because no one believes me and everyone is saying I'm fine, even the doctors think it's just 'anxiety' when I know for sure it isn't....

I'm nearly constantly feeling nauseous and get something come up, but funny enough, I've never ever vomited from it, but I'm scared that one day I am...

What is this condition? And why is this happening?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

Rls1994 HB User
Re: Why do I feel like vomiting all the time?

Anyone?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
(male)

Sadhu HB User

Hi. Constant nausea can be many things. Really many. That's why most docs won't diagnose. I won't go into the list. But you want to treat the problem / symptoms not the ideas of what it might be. So first up try some ginger capsules. Take double dose they say. Get at local pharmacy. That's the natural best way. Then try zofran - it's a serotonin 3 receptor agonist but without the bad effects of an antihistamine. If neither of those work try tigan - an antihistamine but less so and stronger ingredients on nausea. DO NOT do Dramamine or meclizine they are strong antihistamines which also **** with your brain. Druggies snort this stuff it's awful enough in pill form. Again try ginger then zofran (which needs a prescription Russ.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
(male)

L3XX HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
Some days it's worse than others, like today so far..

I just ate some crisps, then ate some rice and drank some tea and now I've been feeling nauseous since.. It feels like the rice is coming back up or something. I'm terrified of vomiting (I have a phobia of it), so please do not tell me to vomit because I won't. My body always seems to stop myself from doing it anyway. I do not have a stomach virus or food poisoning by the way as I have no other symptom...

Every few minutes/minute, or even seconds I can feel it come up, but it only goes as far as the back of my throat. I know it's not a burp because I can just tell.... I always take a breath whenever I feel it come up because I'm scared it's just going to come up even further.

Sometimes, I cannot tell if it's a burp or not, so I try forcing and some liquid like crap comes up a little but doesn't reach my mouth. It does NOT feel acidic most of the time, so I'm guessing it's not Acid Reflux? Anyway, when it happens I get this disgusting vomit like taste in my mouth... It feels as if you've just thrown up or going to throw up... I have to get a drink after to get rid of the taste. I'm so confused to what this is, and it's making me depressed because no one believes me and everyone is saying I'm fine, even the doctors think it's just 'anxiety' when I know for sure it isn't....

I'm nearly constantly feeling nauseous and get something come up, but funny enough, I've never ever vomited from it, but I'm scared that one day I am...

What is this condition? And why is this happening?
You should probably go to a doctor and get it checked but plain ginger tea (nothing but ginger) or ginger chews (hard candy made of ginger) will get rid of your nausea... the feeli9ng like you wanna vomit. You can mix the ginger tea with peppermint tea to calm your stomach even more. Any drink with ginger in it will stop you from feeling like you wanna vomit.

Do you usually only eat a tiny amount of food with tea? You might wanna eat more food and drink the ginger. Maybe you need more food on your stomach

Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Have you been tested for a hiatal hernia? This could be the reason why your stomach is pushing the food up. Does this happen with small meals as well as large meals? Something that you can try is drinking tepid water before eating a meal and making sure that you chew slowly and drink water after a couple of bites. Cold water slows down the stomach so the food stays longer in it. The tepid water lubricates the esophagus and gets the stomach working so when you eat your food is processed easier. drinking after every few bites allows the water to liquefy the food bites so you don't have a chunk of food going down the esophagus. Some people have can have a sensitized esophagus that when the food touches the esophagus walls they want to throw up. There is a ballon test that is done by a GI doctor to test for this. If you eat lots of protein, your gallbladder may be sending too much bile into your stomach which may be making you nauseous. How is your bowel movement? Is it runny or do you suffer from constipation?

Old 12-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User

It's just reflux. Next time it happens try out Ranitide or Pepcid AC as it's happening - See if it works.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi I also have chronic nausea, I have been thru many many tests. including gall bladder which I was sure it was. I also get diarrhea. sometimes I do throw up but its just bile.

There is also ginger gum that works really quick you can at local pharmacy (US). I like chamomile tea too. Peppermint and mint make mine worse. But I have been diagnosed with stage 3 reflux they found during an upper GI (sticking camera down throat under sedation). I take a prescription for it.

Since my gallbladder tests came back normal from last week I'm back to the gastro dr. on the 11st. I think the only tests they haven't done is the stomach emptying test to see how fast it goes down. But you have to eat eggs which I disgust, even the scent. ugh. just don't let them give you a script for Reglan, my mom took that and got Parkinson's disease side effects and one of them didn't go away. We have advertisements on TV from lawyers for that med. Its supposed to help with the digestion but there are other meds too.

I even had a CT Scan with contrast during my trip to the ER on the 12th, everything normal.

But also I take a lot of meds. I've eliminated 3 so far.

I read that mirtazapine, an anti-depressant is good for nausea. But it makes you gain weight. I'm going to talk to my psych about it the first week in Jan.

The stomach is a hard thing to diagnose. I've been dealing with this for a year. So make an appt with a gastro first (unless you need a referral) to get the ball rolling unless the OTC stuff mentioned above works for you. Don't lay down for a couple hours after you eat, we need gravity for our food to go down. Don't eat after 6 or 7 if you can. (nighttime)

Let us know the outcome ok? Its always good to hear others feed back, helps us too. Cathy

Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
(female)

Rls1994 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingpeace12 View Post
Have you been tested for a hiatal hernia? This could be the reason why your stomach is pushing the food up. Does this happen with small meals as well as large meals? Something that you can try is drinking tepid water before eating a meal and making sure that you chew slowly and drink water after a couple of bites. Cold water slows down the stomach so the food stays longer in it. The tepid water lubricates the esophagus and gets the stomach working so when you eat your food is processed easier. drinking after every few bites allows the water to liquefy the food bites so you don't have a chunk of food going down the esophagus. Some people have can have a sensitized esophagus that when the food touches the esophagus walls they want to throw up. There is a ballon test that is done by a GI doctor to test for this. If you eat lots of protein, your gallbladder may be sending too much bile into your stomach which may be making you nauseous. How is your bowel movement? Is it runny or do you suffer from constipation?
Hi, I also thought it might be a hernia too. It happens with literally anything I eat and drink really. It's really frustrating. Last night I almost felt like I was going to throw up after I burp I released, it also left a horrible vomit taste in my mouth. The only other symptoms I get are gurgling/popping stomach. My bowel movements can vary really. Most days they're hard, but some days they're loose and I would need to go up to 7 times a day.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
(female)

Rls1994 HB User
Question Re: Why do I feel like vomiting all the time?

What exactly is coming up my throat though? It feels EXACTLY like vomit. It feels kind of chunky and warm but also liquidy if that makes sense? It kept coming up and down, up and down earlier. I had AWFUL nausea earlier as well and was convinced I was going to be sick, but I wasn't as usual. I napped for about 2 hours and was OK afterwards, I still am now but still burping, feeling nauseous but that vomit sensation seems to have subsided. Thank God... I've noticed a warmish like sensation just below my chest in the past few days as well, and since I don't have any Rennie left then I can't take them for it, if it is heartburn that is.. I've also got a weird feeling just below my chest area and I don't know what it might be.

My point is, can acid reflux actually make you feel like vomit is coming up your throat?

Last edited by Rls1994; 01-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Has the doctor given you medicine to relax? it may be that the vomit is from a gag reflex due to panic. You know how people throw up when they get very scared or panic? that may be happening to you. The vomit coming back up is bad because it is bringing the bile and acid with the stomach contents. Have the doctor do the ballon test on your esophagus and see if your esophagus is sensitive to food touching it. That may also be triggering the gag reflex.

Reply Reply

Tags
acid reflux, help asap, vomit