It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

AngeliqueA HB User
Could my acid reflux have gone away?

I had an upper and a lower GI done about 4 years ago and I was diagnosed with acid reflux and was put on a PPI, and have been taking them ever since. A week ago the ppi suddenly stopped working. My stomach was burning and I could feel the acid in my throat. I went online to look for a quick solution and read that apple cider vinegar helps. I tried it and it really did help. A few days later I ran out of pills and decided I would try to go without taking them, especially since they seem to have stopped working anyway. I ate a ton of Kale greens drowned in ACV and my symptoms have completely gone away. At the time I was diagnosed, the doctor said I'd have to take a ppi for the rest of my life. Could my acid reflux have really gone away?

Old 12-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

GDUBBS123 HB User
Re: Could my acid reflux have gone away?

I hope it went away but if you were having Reflux then your LES was too open and that's not fixable without surgery. However you might have it under control and that's great! I'm definitely going to try it when I am off meds for my testing. Before I start with PPI's.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply