It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

wvjeb HB User
Nissen Fund Surgery

My daughter is scheduled this Thurs. for this surgery. She had her gall bladder removed in March, and since that time has experienced greater acid reflux. Perscription drugs did not help. She underwent the Brava test and the results were very alarming for her doctor. He could not believe how poorly she scored at the age of 22. So now she is having this surgery to repair two hernias, and a full stomach wrap. I am nervous for her and hope that she gets relief from this experience. Any encouragement is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Nissen Fund Surgery

I wish her all the very best for her surgery.

The Following User Says Thank You to JanaJ For This Useful Post:
wvjeb (01-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I had the surgery in 2008 and have been pleased with the results. It isn't a cure, but it did allow me to get my symptoms back under control again. Knowing what I know now, I'd make the same decision again.

I wish your daughter well.

Will she be on other prescriptions after the surgery? If so, I'd talk to a compounding pharmacist to get them made into liquid form so she can easily take them after surgery. My pharmacist was great helping me with that.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
(female)

wvjeb HB User

Thank you for your advice about the pharmacist. I don't know yet about her medications post surgery, but I will certainly ask for liquid form. I am also happy to hear that you would make the same decision about the surgery again if needed. Continued good health to you!

Reply Reply