It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
Gastritis/Gerd problem

So i haven't been taking my PPI's for a long time, just taking maalox and getting away with it. I ate some really bad stuff and overdid it a few too many times and ended up with major gastritis.

My problem now is my stomach is obviously inflamed. I had to go to the hospital and get IV pepcid to soothe my stomach. I am being careful what i eat now (past few days), back on Nexium (past two days) and taking Pepcid complete too if needed. Last night i was up all night (my fault - had a beer with dinner). Tonight i had a homeade stir fry with rice, light teriyaki sauce (i know the sauce is bothering me) . I ate at like 7:30pm and my only snack was two shortbread cookies with herbal tea.

What can i do to calm down my inflamed stomach....i need to be able to sleep at night. I haven't elevated my bed yet...i guess i can do that.

Symptom wise i am fine until i lie down at night, then i feel panicky/restless and get up , then i start burping and feeling the gas pressure. Then i have to walk around and pat stomach and keep burping to get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
(female)

winghall HB User
Re: Gastritis/Gerd problem

You should eat a better diet. Dinner 2-3 hrs before bed time. You can use Slippery Elm just before bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User

Slippery Elm Tea?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
(female)

winghall HB User

Slippery Elm powder. You can get it in a good Health Store... not the tablets (they are not very good). The brown powder, a bit expensive but lasts for a long time.
I stir a teaspoonful of the powder in very hot water to make a thickened mix, eat it slowly, before going to bed. You can microwave it as well. Hope this helps

Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #5
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User

I'm willing to try whatever....just need to be able to sleep at night...
this constant walking around burping is just .....frustrating.
Also second night in a row i had to take Nexium and pepcid complete and maalox!!

Reply Reply