It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

kataay17 HB User
Unhappy Constant Nausea PLEASE help

I have been dealing with various digestive issues for the last 3 years. It started with constipation. I also felt like the area below my ribs was filling with air every time I ate something. I went to a GI doctor and he did a bunch of tests. The only thing he found was bacterial overgrowth, some reddening in my stomach and that I was not digesting food as fast as I should be.

I went about a year and the constipation seemed to get better and I felt fine but I still had the bloating feeling after eating. About six months ago, I started to get really nauseas after eating. It was only occasionally for a while but now it's gotten to the point where I feel sick every time I eat, though I have never thrown up. I should also mention I've had anxiety issues and am terrified of throwing up. It's getting to the point where I am afraid to go places because I might feel sick. I'm miserable.

Right now, I'm on Omeprazole and sertraline (zoloft). I was on Busbar but it made me terribly dizzy. I'm 21 and weigh 132 pounds and am 5' 7". There is no reason I should be on these medications long term at this age. Does anyone have an answer? It's hard to get doctors to listen.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
(female)

Rls1994 HB User
Re: Constant Nausea PLEASE help

OMG. You're exactly like me! I also feel nauseous everyday to the point I might throw up, and just like you, I have a phobia of being sick. Do you also get the feeling of something coming up your throat? To me it feels like vomit which is really scary! I'm also burping a lot too which is annoying because sometimes I get a horrible vomit taste in my mouth. I've been on Omerprazole too which had no effect whatsoever, then my doctor assumed it was just anxiety. UGH. I'm almost positive I have some sort of reflux. Probably silent reflux, but gosh, living with it and a phobia of being sick is so awful! Sorry I haven't been of any help, but it makes me feel a little better to know I'm not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

kataay17 HB User

Not that I'm glad you don't feel well either, but I'm glad you can relate! I get so frustrated because people don't understand that it interrupts my life. I know there's a lot worse out there but it sucks not knowing what's going on. I feel better after I burp but I don't get the vomit taste. Sometimes I'll feel acid coming up my throat when I lay down at night but the Omeprazole helps with that. Hopefully someone can offer some advice for us. Stay strong!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
(female)

sadgirl74 HB Usersadgirl74 HB User

when i am nauseous its bc of ulcer of stomach, taking mylanta and tums helps me a lot. i take a pepcid 10 mg 30 mins b4 each meal for a month or two until it goes away. could be that.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
(female)

kataay17 HB User

Wonderful news! Well sort of. I had a HIDA scan this morning (they injected radioactive liquid into me and watched it go through my digestive tract) and they discovered my gallbladder is functioning at 1%. Basically, I'll probably have to have it out. I talked to people who have had this done and they say they feel WONDERFUL afterwards. Rls1994 you might want to talk to your doctor about this condition. I had no pain in the area where my gallbladder is located. I only had the nausea. I hope this helps!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
(male)

rednevac HB User

I hear the gallbladder is actually a pretty valuable organ and if possible one should always try to recover it before having it removed. 1% is about as low function as you can go, so having it out may be in your best interest. A neuropath or someone that can subscribe a detox/clear/rejuvenate regimin may be worth consulting with prior to surgery. I have no idea, but it may be worth talking to someone who can better answer that question. I do know for many people having it out does not resolve all the problems. My wife's was 0% and she still has some issues. Way better overall, but not 100% resolved.

There is some some consensus that a troubled gallbladder is a result of problems upstream (liver) and removing it does not resolve those issues. I'm just saying check into it before rushing into surgery. Maybe someone who knows more than me can speak to it.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
(female)

nnastia HB User

Hello everybody. I have constant nausea? constipations and nausea 24/7 and burping and I am so frustrated and I don`t know what to do. It`s awfull. What should I do? Thank you

Reply Reply

Tags
bloating, gerd, nausea