It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

zooxahoy HB User
Whats wrong with my dad?

My dad had an attack last night, and none of us know exactly what happened. He got heartburn, and it paralyzed him because it was so painful, he couldnt move. After a couple minutes, he started farting, then he ran to the kitchen and starting throwing up. He continued to fart, belch, and vomit there. He's had heartburn before, but this can't be normal?
It happened in the evening, maybe an hour after he did a light workout. He just started eating dinner, which consisted of broiled chicken, rice, and a glass of milk. He's not allergic to any of these foods, as far as we know. However, he eats way too much fiber, and not enough real food. His breakfast everyday is a Fiberone muffin, his lunch is half a sandwich on a piece of Fiberone bread with an apple, and he has a snack later of a Fiberone bar. His dinner is the only real food he gets during the day. Could this be what caused his attack: eating too much fiber and not enough real food? If not, what could have caused this?
Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: Whats wrong with my dad?

Sorry to hear about your dad I have a hiatal hernia where if I eat and drink any liquids to much it will make me throw up food within minutes after eating I have to eat very small meals 4-6 times a day and if i don't i have this problem as for reflux and heartburn issues Gaviscon is a big help for me days that I need it does he take a PPI or a H2 blocker? If not i would suggest starting with a H2 blocker (Zantac) good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply