It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

laporte HB User
Question not sure if i am suffering acid reflux or not? pls help me

Hi everyone, I am new to this board.....i have a feeling that i have mix of IBS and acid reflux/ GERD ......it all sprung up on me when my mom passed away in 2005...i think stress brought on my symptoms and it has never left. I noticed when I eat very fast or the food is oily, milk, spicy, coffee or bread type of food....I would get indigestion..... also I would get this way whenever my period is coming in the next few days......the pain is usually situated at the upper part of my tummy..sometimes the lower....it hurts like crazy.... tummy would get very bloated too and i would feel like gas is stuck inside... however, when I do fart...I would feel relief for a short while...but the pain would usually return....the only relief for me was to take pepto bismol and then sleep on it.

When I am not suffering from tummy pain....It was very common for me to regurgitate after I eat....this happens alot when I drink or eat very fast or these type of foods coffee, spicy, or oily etc. etc.

I have found my savior supplement .... and it was metamucil. I religiously take this everyday and it has lessen all my tummy, heartburn, gas problem and my regurgitate problem. I hardly get tummy trouble now.

So healthboard people ....am I an acid reflux sufferer or more of IBS person?? or a mild case of relux /gerd? ?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: not sure if i am suffering acid reflux or not? pls help me

I would say you have heartburn and possibly a hiatal hernia perhaps that's why the foods comes back on you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
(male)

Marko1 HB User

have you had a an upper gi scan done the symptoms sounds just like mine.I drive a semi tractor and trialer rule this out first. or you can buy omerazooleD 20 MG over the counter. thry them once a day if ti just ezzzes the pain do, two aday one in the morn and one in the evening try this for a coupe days and this don't bring it to where you can control it if it gets to the point you can't control it with these go get and Upper GI looking for a sliding hyated herina some more of the symptoms is your back hurts between your shoulders and can't do nothing to help it buy forceing your self to belch like when you was a kid in ab belching contest,helps the pressure front and back.on me it fells like I have a large balloon in sid my chest and someone is blowing it up as far as they can. Later on when get this whipped have the heart and lungs checked out the heneria can cause some damage so slow that you don't know till its to late..........THNX Marko1

Last edited by Marko1; 01-11-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: please consult your primary care doctor

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
(male)

Marko1 HB User

have you had a an upper gi scan done the symptoms sounds just like mine.I drive a semi tractor and trialer rule this out first. or you can buy omerazooleD 20 MG over the counter. thry them once a day if ti just ezzzes the pain do, two aday one in the morn and one in the evening try this for a coupe days and this don't bring it to where you can control it if it gets to the point you can't control it with these go get and Upper GI looking for a sliding hyated herina some more of the symptoms is your back hurts between your shoulders and can't do nothing to help it buy forceing your self to belch like when you was a kid in ab belching contest,helps the pressure front and back.on me it fells like I have a large balloon in sid my chest and someone is blowing it up as far as they can. Later on when get this whipped have the heart and lungs checked out the heneria can cause some damage so slow that you don't know till its to late..........THNX Marko1
Last edited by Marko1; 01-12-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: please consult yo

Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
(female)

Pastafarian HB UserPastafarian HB User

You can have both IBS and reflux. I have both. My GI doc said that its normal for people to occasionally have reflux. It's only considered a problem when it happens very often or for long periods of time. If it starts happening again and is interfering with your sleep or daily life the doctors can perform tests on you to see if you are experiencing reflux. They did a wireless pH monitor on me. It stayed on my lower esophagus and showed that I was having an abnormal amount of reflux. It's also pretty common for them to just prescribe you prescriptn strength ppis or h2 blockers to see if it stops your reflux symptoms.

Reply Reply