It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

ginmor HB User
Acid Reflux

My doctor said I have acid reflux. I have acid coming up in my throat during the night and it burns so bad. I got a fever and was sick for three weeks. Since then, I have bad sore throats, fevers, and a huge ball feeling in my throat. I wake up gasping for air. I had the PH test done and it was normal. Yet my family doctor insists it's acid reflux. Any time I go on any medicine (prilosec, nexium, protonix), it makes it worse. I feel like I'm choking all of the time. My doctor looks at me like I should just deal with it. Nothing makes it better. I thought it was my tonsils but from reading all the posts, I guess it's acid reflux. Does anyone know what to do? Does anyone have constant fevers? Grrrr. I can't take this anymore.

The following user gives a hug of support to ginmor:
JanaJ (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Acid Reflux

I see from your post that you're having a wretched time. Getting the medication right for acid reflux seems to take some time. I've tried all the proton pump inhibitors before finding the right one. I have a sympathetic doctor who listens and works with me. Is there any chance you could see a different doctor?

What you describe is exactly what my acid reflux was like before I got sorted. I've had surgery, but still take 60mg PPI, plus ranitidine and gaviscon, every day.

Other things that have helped me including reducing my stress, raising the head of my bed, losing some weight, eating smaller meals and avoiding alcohol, chocolate and caffeine.

I hope you get the help you need soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
(male)

Indiantiger HB User
Thumbs up Re: Acid Reflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJ View Post
I see from your post that you're having a wretched time. Getting the medication right for acid reflux seems to take some time. I've tried all the proton pump inhibitors before finding the right one. I have a sympathetic doctor who listens and works with me. Is there any chance you could see a different doctor?

What you describe is exactly what my acid reflux was like before I got sorted. I've had surgery, but still take 60mg PPI, plus ranitidine and gaviscon, every day.

Other things that have helped me including reducing my stress, raising the head of my bed, losing some weight, eating smaller meals and avoiding alcohol, chocolate and caffeine.

I hope you get the help you need soon.
Hello I am also suffering because of acid reflux. I am having sore throat (feft side) for last 2.5 months. Doctors has prescribed PPI. During the course some time i feel better(week or 10 days) again it comes back. Now I cant handle it. As per you experience how long it takes to cure acid reflux.

I have stopper coffee , alcohol , smoking ,acidic food. Apart from those thing what care I should take to cure acid reflux.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Acid Reflux & Sleeping Problems

I have had a horrible time with acid reflux over the last 20 years. My doctor finally got the right prescription which for me is Prilosec 40 mg. I also quit drinking anything with caffeine, especially coffee. The only time I change drugs is when my insurance company wants me to use something else.

Ginmoor: Have you have a sleep test to check for sleep apnea? I used to walk up gasping for air and found this to be my problem.

Good luck.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
(female)

HateGERD HB User
Re: Acid Reflux

Dear Ginmor;

I'm not so sure you have acid reflux. Especially with the normal PH test. Also, the fevers aren't consistent with acid reflux. I'd get another opinion.

Just my two cents.

HateGERD

Reply Reply