It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
(male)

Dan1993 HB User
sternum anxiety reflux.

Hi im just wondering if anyone has any similar symptoms for this, I've had a blood test and stool test which came back fine accept for the h.pylori but my doc said the lansoprazole acid tabs could of effected the results so was told to stay away from them for 2 week and retake the stool sample, well since then I've had this intense burning back at the top of my chest across the top of my sternum but the burning seems to spread across to the left a little and the right, but when i don't seem to have a major pain when pressed the ribs surrounding but it can feel quite sore the burning, which leads me to believe this is something to do with the reflux BUT this is not how people seem to describe there heartburn symptoms which makes me worry seems though im in a constant state of anxiety at the min, so you can imagine what that's doing to me lol! And the burning seems to be more skin level than under my breast bone like everyone says, i do get the horrid taste in my mouth and the sore feeling can also be in my back or shoulder but stretching "usually" relieves that part but can some one please give me an incite into what this is, I've had 3 doctors since then and none seem to worried when i say im getting this burning but i am! I do also get very tense without realising ache all over evan my jaw and neck and shoulder aches the only time it goes is if im busy when my minds off it but as soon as i get 5 min bam its all back again like my body just shutting down hope some one can reply asap before i have another night awake with this. sorry for the long post thanks!

Last edited by mod85; 01-11-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
Re: sternum anxiety reflux.

Sounds like your acid reflux is messing with your mind and body and it will play heck with anyone's mind which in turns cause high anxiety! Focusing on every symptom that you think your body is having is really tuff on your mind. ER trips are not uncommon look your not alone and your not dying I and many other with reflux/Gerds have thought they were dying with chest pains all over armpit,back,sternum. Just try to treat what you can dont suffer with it try Gaviscon,tums,milk,honey,apple cider vinegar,zantac what ever ever it take but if you suffer without trying it will drive you bonkers.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
(male)

Dan1993 HB User

Thank you for your reply, and the burning isn't as intense as much but i still get the head neck and shoulder headache/muscle tightness evan when im not overly anxious about anything but the state of anxiety in my mind im still battling its never ending, my a doctor decided to send me for counselling but i struggle to understand how this is going to help seems though im battling the multiple symptoms that the doctors have given me no help with, how can i stop the nausea and aches etc everyday so i can get on with my life, this stops me working due to lack of concerntration* and general feeling of being unwell? As well as going out with friends etc, i did have adhd as a child and alot of the symptoms from that do still persist, i don't evan no what type of "anxiety" i have which shows how good the doctors are thanks for reading

Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User

Getting over the anxiety of all this will only come in time once your brain relizes this will not kill you right at this moment then its a matter of teaching it not today,tomorrow or next week and that takes time and for many I have spoke to the symtoms are so steady that their brain just will not allow them to move on.

Seeking help through counseling can help but unless they have been through it I'm not sure if it will help but couldn't hurt. Good luck keep writing start a log prior to your visit of how your day goes in your mind and body.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

Dan, taking Lansoprazole caused me most of the symptoms you describe, including muscle and bone pain and jaw pain and a general feeling of unwellness and anxiety... and I do not normally suffer from anxiety.

Coming off them and those symptoms went away, but then the burning, rib pain, terrible heartburn began which was a rebound effect. (look up posts about acid rebound). Might give you some further insight. But you need to work out what you had before you took the meds and what came about as a result of taking the meds.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
(male)

Dan1993 HB User

Hi thanks for the replys! And im unsure which really came first, i cant evan remember a time that sparked all these feelings, i had what the doctor said was a panic attack laying in bed about to go sleep then all of a sudden i was rapid breathing, heart beating very fast, felt a little bit dizzy and sick but wasn't sick, and like a jolt of electric they did the standard checks like pulse heart rate and listened to my lungs and heart etc. And dismissed it, and since then from what i can remember i have been loaded with so many symptoms eg. Burning chest some times, rib cage aches and sore muscles in my back neck and shoulders which seem to be more active when im not busy.... Says it all lol, a weakness feeling like my legs and joints are weak but i havn't collapsed yet.. Touch wood, head pressure that changes place but base of skull mostly, nausea which is persistent especially in the mornings and the odd headache now and again, lack of concerntration*loss of interest in just about everything and then this burning skin/chest/sternum and shoulder blades which i have been told is due to reflux as i get a bitter taste in my mouth, im 20 in 6 days and to be fair im not evan looking forward to it to say im used to this feeling for the past year now how can i get rid of the dizzy spells that occur abit and this nausea and general sick feeling and achy body? thanks to who takes time to read all this, MUCH appreciated!!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

And when did you start taking the lansoprazole?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
(male)

Dan1993 HB User

Ermm about 2-3 month ago but had to stop for a month because my h.pylori came back positive but that's negative now, and not used any acid tabs since only gaviscon and rennie but was on zantac which didn't help so decided to stop taking them.

Oh and also had a try of omeprazole*? Which also didnt help which is why there trying my mental health i just always feel ill

Last edited by Dan1993; 02-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm not saying its all down to the meds. but just be aware that these meds can cause serious side effects, some of which you describe.

Reply Reply