It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
khatadin HB User
Re: LPR/GERD annoying to out-of-control in 5 weeks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by electracat10 View Post
Khatadin, I know it's been a while since your post, but I have something so similar, and wondering what you've found to help since getting off PPIs. If you want to discuss feel free to post again.
I've (relatively recently) developed LPR with some stomach distress, and trying to find the right diet to address it. Looking at 'dropping acid' and 'fast tract'...Trying to resist the meds, as everything points to their evilness. However, last night things were bad and had to take a Pepcid AC. Oh, the relief (relatively). But need to work on diet first and see if that helps...What an annoying journey!!
Hope you've found some relief.
Electracat10 -- it took a long time, but i got off PPI's fully about a year ago. They seemed to make everything worse and gave me SIBO as well. It was hard and very discouraging at times. I had more success with the FastTract diet, somewhat modified. Early on, I avoided all starches and carbs. More recently, I adhere to a fairly strict Paleo diet. When I do, that seems to work best. As soon as I eat carbs/gluten, things get notably worse. I also, believe it or not, started supplementing with HCL and Digestive Enzymes. Seems to have helped, under the theory than reflux is caused more often than not by low stomach acid and poor digestion not too much acid. Basically, I eat mostly meat, healthy fats and vegetables. I re-tested for SIBO a few months ago and amazingly came back negative...which tells me that PPIs were the root cause of that problem. Even tho my docs told me no way.

The dropping acid diet, which encourages whole grains and stuff made my symptoms way worse because of the carbs. I wouldnt touch that with a 10 ft pole these days.

Hope that helps

 
Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 10-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #17
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3
electracat10 HB User
Re: LPR/GERD annoying to out-of-control in 5 weeks??

Glad to hear you're feeling better! And thanks for the info regarding diets; I've been wondering about the inclusion of grains/gluten with the 'dropping acid' diet.
What kind of test did you have to determine SIBO? Thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #18
Junior Member
(male)
 
JPT2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London UK
Posts: 25
JPT2013 HB UserJPT2013 HB User
Re: LPR/GERD annoying to out-of-control in 5 weeks??

Hi K

Yes in my opinion, The LINX is a very good reflux inhibitor by closing the LES. But LPR is a tricky customer and I believe LINX gives me an 80% improvement. So for the other 20% I use alkaline water as a drink, nasal rinse and atomized inhalation to clear the Pepsin. After years of research I think the disease is a compound problem of low acid production, (PPI is the worst thing to use) magnesium deficiency, stress, pyloric sphincter incompetence, weight control, and lack of natural digestive flora due to antibiotic use.

Having addressed these other issues I believe I have achieve 95% of normality and can eat and drink almost anything I want.

Best Regards JPT

Last edited by moderator2; 10-16-2014 at 04:16 PM.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
khatadin HB User
Re: LPR/GERD annoying to out-of-control in 5 weeks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by electracat10 View Post
Glad to hear you're feeling better! And thanks for the info regarding diets; I've been wondering about the inclusion of grains/gluten with the 'dropping acid' diet.
What kind of test did you have to determine SIBO? Thanks.
Lactilose breath test

 
Reply With Quote
Reply Reply

Tags
gerd, lpr, reflux



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!