It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
(male)

Jay689 HB User
A new cure for Acid Reflux/LPR?...I am keen for your

A new cure for Acid Reflux/LPR....I am keen for your input/for you to read.

First off - so this post does not get edited, google "Acid Reflux Magnetic Beads"

I have read about a procedure that is relatively new:

Points to note:
1. a new technique, where they put a flexible magnetic bracelet around the oesophagus.
2. Its Keyhole surgery.
3. It takes 30 mins to perform under General Anaesthetic
4. The bracelet consists of a string of metal beads, and the magnetic attraction between them makes the entry to the oesophagus tighter, so acid canít get up from the stomach.
5. I have read about this procedure from a News paper article from May 2011, in which at the time this procedure was only on trial in the United Kingdom
6. BUT Two hundred people around the world have had this procedure and studies show 90 per cent stopped taking medication immediately (as of May 2011).
7. Because of its success, it may be made available on the NHS (I dont know if it may have already).

This may have already been talked about....but I tend to come on these forums as little as possible. As us sufferers know - once you get obsessed with the problem - it tends to get worse....

Keen to know if anyone has tried the procedure, has further knowledge....

It sounds positive anyhow.......

Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: A new cure for Acid Reflux/LPR?...I am keen for your

In my opinion, there is no "cure" for acid reflux.

This procedure does seem promising. It is just another version of procedures that are addressing the issue of the lower esophageal sphincter not functioning properly.

If you are someone that has tried lifestyle changes and other medical interventions with little or no success and have severe acid reflux issues, I think surgery does become an option.

At this point, it really becomes about which surgical option is the best for you.

I will agree that this procedure seems much less invasive than the Nissen Fundoplication I had. I'd have tons of questions for my surgeon about having magnets in the body and long-term effects that it may have. Some schools of thought out there discuss how having the metal in the body can mess with the electrical flows in the body. That is more on the naturopathic side of things though.

Nothing that I've heard of cures acid reflux. I will say that getting control of the symptoms can be a lifesaver, both literally and figuratively.

Good discussion though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User
Re: A new cure for Acid Reflux/LPR?...I am keen for your

I've read before that once you get this installed you can't have MRI for cancer

Reply Reply