HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acid Reflux / GERD (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/)
-   -   Reflux surgery - anyone have experience with TIF? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/936705-reflux-surgery-anyone-have-experience-tif.html)

thomasmas 01-25-2013 07:30 AM

Reflux surgery - anyone have experience with TIF?

Hi, I am contemplating having surgery, as part of a study, to reduce or eliminate my chronic reflux. The surgery would entail transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) by inserting a device called an EsophyX. It is supposed to be an alternative to the Nissen Fundoplication but with fewer side effects. I understand that it is a revisable but not reversible surgery. Has anyone had experience with this surgery/device? Your comments/input would be greatly appreciated.

DarknessDew 01-26-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Reflux surgery - anyone have experience with TIF?

yes me too is concerned to have either TIF or the normal laproscopic surgery very very soon, and i am going to discuss this with my doctor tomorrow morning.
so please anyone having experiance with that surgery or have done it, can he give us his feedback please
and thanks allot.

thomasmas 01-30-2013 01:43 PM

How did it go with your doctor? Did you discuss the TIF? Have you decided on what approach you wish to take?

DarknessDew 01-30-2013 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=thomasmas;5125389]How did it go with your doctor? Did you discuss the TIF? Have you decided on what approach you wish to take?[/QUOTE]

Well,my surgery is tomorrow morning, just 7 hours left to have my surgery done
my doctor did not recommend the TIF, he said it's results are not so good, and some people have to redo it again, so he told me the best thing is the laproscopic approach,
i am really nervous and somehow afraid from this surgery, but i have faith in God, everything goes well, and the feeling in my throat goes away

thomasmas 01-31-2013 03:16 AM

Thanks for your reply. Good luck in your surgery. I have done some reading on the laproscopic approach. It appears that they have learned how to do your surgery with much fewer side effects. My doctor told me that they are performing a much looser wrap now than previously and it results in a much better outcome. Good luck again. Let me know how the surgery goes for you.

jhonusa 07-25-2013 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=DarknessDew;5125394]Well,my surgery is tomorrow morning, just 7 hours left to have my surgery done
my doctor did not recommend the TIF, he said it's results are not so good, and some people have to redo it again, so he told me the best thing is the laproscopic approach,
i am really nervous and somehow afraid from this surgery, but i have faith in God, everything goes well, and the feeling in my throat goes away[/QUOTE]

Hi, dear, may i know the result from ur tif operation, sometiem i guees only people goes to this websites when the operetaion was not so good, so i guees ur operation was OK, i hope ur answer.

Best wishes:)