It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
(male)

thomasmas HB User
Question Reflux surgery - anyone have experience with TIF?

Hi, I am contemplating having surgery, as part of a study, to reduce or eliminate my chronic reflux. The surgery would entail transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) by inserting a device called an EsophyX. It is supposed to be an alternative to the Nissen Fundoplication but with fewer side effects. I understand that it is a revisable but not reversible surgery. Has anyone had experience with this surgery/device? Your comments/input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
(male)

DarknessDew HB User
Re: Reflux surgery - anyone have experience with TIF?

yes me too is concerned to have either TIF or the normal laproscopic surgery very very soon, and i am going to discuss this with my doctor tomorrow morning.
so please anyone having experiance with that surgery or have done it, can he give us his feedback please
and thanks allot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
(male)

thomasmas HB User

How did it go with your doctor? Did you discuss the TIF? Have you decided on what approach you wish to take?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
(male)

DarknessDew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmas View Post
How did it go with your doctor? Did you discuss the TIF? Have you decided on what approach you wish to take?
Well,my surgery is tomorrow morning, just 7 hours left to have my surgery done
my doctor did not recommend the TIF, he said it's results are not so good, and some people have to redo it again, so he told me the best thing is the laproscopic approach,
i am really nervous and somehow afraid from this surgery, but i have faith in God, everything goes well, and the feeling in my throat goes away

Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
(male)

thomasmas HB User

Thanks for your reply. Good luck in your surgery. I have done some reading on the laproscopic approach. It appears that they have learned how to do your surgery with much fewer side effects. My doctor told me that they are performing a much looser wrap now than previously and it results in a much better outcome. Good luck again. Let me know how the surgery goes for you.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
(male)

jhonusa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDew View Post
Well,my surgery is tomorrow morning, just 7 hours left to have my surgery done
my doctor did not recommend the TIF, he said it's results are not so good, and some people have to redo it again, so he told me the best thing is the laproscopic approach,
i am really nervous and somehow afraid from this surgery, but i have faith in God, everything goes well, and the feeling in my throat goes away
Hi, dear, may i know the result from ur tif operation, sometiem i guees only people goes to this websites when the operetaion was not so good, so i guees ur operation was OK, i hope ur answer.

Best wishes

Reply Reply

Tags
esophyx, gerd, heartburn, reflux, tif