It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Puroast® Low Acid Coffee

Has anyone tried this, I have also tried the new Starbucks blond coffee, that did not bother me to much!

I have been trying to drink Chamomile Tea but is actually does not agree with me, flips my stomach a little.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
(male)

dcguy HB Userdcguy HB Userdcguy HB User
Re: Puroast® Low Acid Coffee

I've had to give up all coffee and caffeine due to my gastritis symptoms. I'm not positive whether it's the caffeine or the acid in the coffee that causes my problems, but I think it's the caffeine, so a low acid solution would not necessarily help me, but I've been on the look out for alternatives. I've had to give up alcohol too, basically anything that is an irritant. Sucks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

Fire girl HB User

Hi, I have not heard of that coffee. Did you try it and if so where did you buy it? I would LOVE a cup of coffee!! I have also tried the chamomile tea and it didn't agree with me either. I now slice fresh ginger and boil it to make a tea and put honey in it. It doesn't bother me and I find it comforting at night to sit and relax with it. I should have made my title like yours except SICK in Fla. so tired of not feeling good after eating!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
(female)

lagger HB User

I have had the Purroast and seemed fine, but I may have not had a flare up? I went back to my QFC to get more and they don't have it anymore!

I did some looking online (as I'm constantly doing for acid reflux) and someone said a darker roast is better?

Also, my recent GI I went to said it's not the caffeine or the acidity of the coffee, that coffee is made with an oil and that is what will affect you. For awhile I had gone off coffee and was trying several different types of teas, ones that they say is safe: ginger, heartburn soother, licorice. I was miserable! I stopped those just to see and felt instantly better, so much so that the next day I went out and had a Starbucks and was fine. The GI said that anything in the mint family may be a trigger, so those teas may have had something in them.

Not sure if I'm a help? The pure roast doesn't taste great, but it's not awful when you're needing coffee!! I'm a coffee addict!! I also read to have sips of water in between sips of coffee.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
(female)

Fire girl HB User

Hi, thanks for the info. Not sure if you have Walmart in NJ but they should carry that coffee. I sent a message to the company and they said they carry it. So far, I'm still scared to drink anything other then water or ginger tea. Would give my left arm for a Coke!! :-)

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
(male)

dcguy HB Userdcguy HB Userdcguy HB User

I resorted to hot water and honey. It actually makes a decent substitute for hot coffee in the morning. I still use my Keurig for the hot water part.

I also drink Aloe Vera juice mixed 50/50 with diet Snapple tea. The Aloe seems to help a lot. I know Snapple has some caffeine in it, but not a lot, and I'm only drinking 1/2 a glass. In any case, you can buy 1 gallon of Aloe Vera juice at most supermarkets and big box grocery stores. You can mix it with just about anything. I've never tried heating it up though.

Reply Reply