It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

WWJD Snowblind HB User
Angry What to do

Hi am new here

Last year around May I started getting sick (throwing up) a lot. It started about a week or so after I first started dating my current boyfriend. At first it happened through out the day, but usually when I was anxious, and sometimes it was completely random like while in the car. I thought it was just anxiety at first because I do have anxiety and OCD (both diagnosed), but since then it has started happening all the time.

Back in August I went in to see my physician about it and he referred me to a GI doctor. The first thing she did was she did an endoscopy procedure and during that she found evidence of G.E.R.D and also took some biopsy's (luckily they were ok). She put me on some Promethazine (generic for Phenergan), but it didn't help at all. She then had me do an ultrasound and they found that I have a few gallstones.

When I found that out I was like "Finally, they can just take them out and I will be better". No. My doctor doesn't think they are what's causing me to get sick. (So basically I have a ticking time bomb in my gallbladder) She then put me on Prilosec along with my current meds. Still no improvement. I did have a week or two period where I didn't get sick, but still every day my tummy hurts like I am going to get sick.

A few months back I went into see my doctor and I asked her if there is any kind of surgery she can do to fix it and she said that there was, but that she doesn't want to do it because she doesn't know if it will help me get better. With the advice of my psychiatrist and a few friends, I went to another stomach doctor to get a second opinion and we talked about my condition and he said that there was nothing he could do for me and that I need to go back to my other doctor. I know it might sound bad, but I don't think my doctor really understands how much it is affecting me and I don't think she really cares about me (sounds harsh, but its true)

My doctor suggested that I change my diet and avoid spicy and fatty foods and don't drink that much carbonated drinks. I have completely stopped drinking carbonated drinks, and I rarely have a caffeinated drink (tea). All I drink now is water and crystal light. I have never been an drinker (alcohol). I have changed my diet around and I mainly eat chicken now and if I make a sandwich I don't put that much miracle whip (my boyfriend likes it and I've come to accept it) on it. My boyfriend and I rarely eat fast food, but if we do we usually got to KFC and get their grilled chicken. Also when I sleep I usually use a pillow now to try and prop me up a bit and I sleep on my side instead of my stomach (I tried really propping me up and sleeping on my back, but it feels really awkward and I can't sleep that way)

Since then I am still getting sick almost on a daily basis. Right now it's mainly in the morning and it keeps me from being able to eat for 3-4 hours. I can literally be feeling alright and I will go into the kitchen and open the fridge and as soon as I do that I will start gagging. This condition has gotten in the way of my every day life, and it has ruined some special moments for me (I've gotten sick during anniversary dinners, I got sick at the restaurant that my boyfriend and I went out to for his birthday, and I got sick Christmas morning at my boyfriends sisters house and I couldn't have breakfast with them) My G.E.R.D also kind of gets in the way of me being able to take my meds (both for my stomach and for my other conditions). I have to take tem right when I wake up because they take a couple hours to really kick in and usually end up throwing up after I take them (I can take them right when I wake up and I will lay in bed for awhile and get up to take a shower an hour or so later and I will start to get sick) there have been times that I have tasted my pills so I fear that I might be throwing them up.

Do any of you have any suggestions on things that I can do to get better, or do you have any suggestions about medications or possibly changing my doctor? Being unemployed it makes it really hard for me to be able to pay for my pills. Right now I am having to buy the generic on the shelf version of Prilosec and I am out of Promethazine and I can't afford to get it refilled. Also I am currently on my moms insurance (I am trying to get accepted for disability, but it's a long process and even though my attorney and my doctors are all saying I should be accepted I haven't been yet) and her insurance it pretty bad so it costs a lot to go see a doctor.

I guess the main reason for why I am writing this is because I am really getting tired of having this condition. Today is actually my birthday and I have been hoping and praying that last few days that I wouldn't get sick today so that I could finally have a good day, but that was ruined when I got up to go to the bathroom. It's been over 8 months since I first started getting sick and I am sick and tired (no pun intended) of being like this. I have enough problems already and getting sick on a daily basis and getting sick when I go in public doesn't make things any better.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, I am just fed up with being like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply