It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

Croangler HB User
Heartburn and Joint Pain

I have bad Joint pain (specifically in my elbows, fingers and bottoms of my feet) in addition to horrible reflux and heartburn. †I'm 32, eat healthy, and am thin. †I get injured easily due to the "bad joints" and get heartburn/gerd from anything that isnt 100% healthy to eat. †I feel like im in a downward spiral and have no idea how to get out. †Please help

Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Heartburn and Joint Pain

Do you suffer from dry eyes and a dry mouth? If so check out Sjogrens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

Are you on medication for the reflux? If so, that caused terrible joint pains for me, particularly in the fingers, face, feet and ribs.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
(male)

Croangler HB User

I do not sufferfrom dry eyes or dry mouth but thanks for the input.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
(male)

Croangler HB User

I have been trying very hard not to take any medications, but sometimes I cave due to the discomfort. Thanks.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
(male)

marvellux888 HB User

Croangler, i had heartburn n mentioned to my gastroenterologist, he gave me a "???" (forgot what exam that was, sorry) while doing the colonoscopy. The result was that i dont have a gerd but he told me to take PREVACID for a year. i took it for few days then stopped because i had extreme muscle spasm. that was 6 months ago n i didnt have heartburn since. till last night i had a heavy meal and beers. when i put thing away, i started to get a heartburn that i almost passed out. i took 4 TUMS, some water, rested few hours and slept with my back 45degrees. i think what triggered the heartburn was i ate too much and lifte something heavy and bend over when putting things away. by the way, im eating much more healthier than before: more fibers, no acidic food, less alcohol, less spicy food, exercise regularly. and i learned the lesson again in the hard way last night was NOT to bend over and/or lift heavy stuff after meal. i hope this helps.
yes, i have joint pains too. but i dont think it has anything to do with the heartburn. im now 55 n got hurt in many places doing sports when i was much younger. my elbow pain recently was unbearable so went to see an orthopedist, the diagnosis was tendonitis, he gave me a shot of colazone (not sure the spelling??), and it works. he also suggests for new pains use ice 3 times a dayx 3days, then use heat pad afterward. i works on me n i hope it works on you too.

Reply Reply

Tags
feet pain, gerd, heartburn, joint pain, reflux