It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
(female)

Whymeagain HB User
Acid reflux help me

I've hot acid reflux or lpr not had tests for it but I'm frightened badly I keep havin like a burst of acid that comes up in my throat mouth and nose feel a burning in my head stinging pain but its not like liquid it's like fumes if that makes Sence ?? Foes anyone get this please help me is this normal ?? Dies anyone else get this ?? I feel it in my ears aswell

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Whymeagain
catkaru (02-11-2013), JanaJ (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User
Re: Acid reflux help me

What you describe sounds like acid reflux. You need to see a doctor and get some treatment. In the meantime you could try some lifestyle changes. Weight loss helps, by encouraging the muscular valve at the lower end of the gullet to remain shut rather than lie open.
Raising the head of the bed by 5-10cm employs gravity to keep stomach contents where they should be when you are lying down.

Avoidance of late meals also prevents food and other digestive juices, such as bile, from refluxing and causing just as much bother as acid.

Some people find particular foods give them more reflux than others – you need to experiment a bit to find what you should avoid. I'm keeping a food diary. Food and drink commonly reported to trigger symptoms includes fizzy drinks, spicy foods, high-fat foods, citrus fruits, peppermint, tomatoes, garlic and onions. Caffeine in coffee, tea and cola and theobromine in chocolate have been reported to worsen symptoms, and alcohol and excessive amounts of vitamin C (from supplements) can also increase acid secretion. Chocolate and caffeine are definitely triggers for me.

Probiotics for reflux, as there is some suggestion they might be helpful. Eating smaller more frequent meals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

What you describe sounds like acid reflux. You need to see a doctor and get some treatment. In the meantime you could try some lifestyle changes. Weight loss helps, by encouraging the muscular valve at the lower end of the gullet to remain shut rather than lie open. Raising the head of the bed by 5-10cm employs gravity to keep stomach contents where they should be when you are lying down.

Avoidance of late meals also prevents food and other digestive juices, such as bile, from refluxing and causing just as much bother as acid.

Some people find particular foods give them more reflux than others – you need to experiment a bit to find what you should avoid. I'm keeping a food diary. Food and drink commonly reported to trigger symptoms includes fizzy drinks, spicy foods, high-fat foods, citrus fruits, peppermint, tomatoes, garlic and onions. Caffeine in coffee, tea and cola and theobromine in chocolate have been reported to worsen symptoms, and alcohol and excessive amounts of vitamin C (from supplements) can also increase acid secretion. Chocolate and caffeine are definitely triggers for me.

You could try probiotics, as there is some suggestion they might be helpful. Eating smaller more frequent meals may also help.

Last edited by JanaJ; 02-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

HateGERD HB User

Dear Whymeagain;

Your symptoms are consistent with LPR. It is not uncommon to feel stinging/burning in your sinuses and to have your ears feel full. I have that occasionally.

Are you on medication?

Reply Reply