It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
(female)

Sezza84 HB User
Sore throat for years due to reflux now im pregnant help!

Hi everyone,
I am new to all of this health forum stuff but am seeking some help that i can't seem to find anywhere else.
I am 28 an had my tonsils removed when i was 21. After this i had a sore throat for 2 years straight not really thinking anything of it. Over the years i developed indigestion after almost everything i eat and still continued to get very sore throat here and there that would last for weeks at a time. I know it sounds stupid but i never thought much of it, i had had glandular fever also at 21 and just thought it was part of that, i was also smoking at this time, naughty i know.
Anyway it was only about 18 mnth i was diagnosed with acid reflux that seem to mainly occur when i was sleeping. The Dr put me on Nexium 20mg which helped for a bit but the sore tight throat would come back a soon as i stopped. I quit smoking 12 mnth ago which seemed to help a little but the Dr pretty much said i would have to be on Nexium forever!! No endoscope or anything.
I am now 12 wks pregnant with my first baby and discovered i also have gall stones before this, i am not over weight, i am following a healthyish diet, not eating after 7 and elevating my pillows but as i am unable to take the nexium and zantac and gaviscon do nothing, my sore throat is back in full force.
I am so scared about things getting serious as it has been 6 years with this, how long does it take to develop something serious like Barretts or cancer even? i would love to get an endoscope now but the Dr said i can't during pregnancy, is this true? i have read about people having them whilst pregnant? I'm hoping someone can help as this is really worrying me .
Thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
(female)

Sezza84 HB User
Re: Sore throat for years due to reflux now im pregnant help!

I would just like to thank everyone who replied to my post which was no one.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
(female)

HateGERD HB User
Re: Sore throat for years due to reflux now im pregnant help!

What does your dr suggest you do while pregnant, since the gaviscon doesn't help? You have to be given anesthetic to have the endoscope, which I guess is not good while your pregnant, so I guess that's why they can't do the endoscope.

If you dont' get better advise/help, I'd recommend you see another dr.

Sorry no one responded to your post.

HateGERD

Reply Reply