I'm totally lost now; everybody I see tells me I have generalised anxiety disorder, but I've tried CBT, Hypnotherapy, relaxation remedies and even Crystal Healing, but nothing works. I'm convinced something is physically wrong with me, but I just don't know what it could be. I'm having an endoscopy in 3 weeks, but the doctors I've seen claim it will be clear, so I'm worried I'll contract a throat cancer since cancer tends to run in the family.
This is what I've been experiencing for the last 5 months:
- A tight chest like something is sucking my body inside.
- A tight throat, and a feeling my neck needs to click back in place. It can make it feel difficult to swallow my own spit.
- Wake up with a sore throat daily, but it goes away with any food or drink.
- Excessive mucus; there's an usual taste in my mouth which I assume is from the post nasal drip. Sometimes I need to cough it out but my throat isn't hoarse.
- Occasional ear, arm and chest pain.
- Frequent Migraines which are no longer relieved by my usual medicine.
- Feeling of liquid in the throat and "vurping." Nothing that really burns, it just feels like I'm bringing some liquid up when I belch.
- Weakness and fatigue, especially in the head and legs.
- Palpitations and a feeling of not getting enough air. Tends to happen more at night or when sitting down.
Gaviscon Advance temporarily relieves these symptoms but not entirely. Omeprazole and lifestyle changes do nothing. Lansoprazole sometimes made me worse. It doesn't sound exactly like LPR because I don't have a hoarse voice and sometimes the mucus stops, but it can't be GERD because I'm not sure if I really have heartburn. It can't be anxiety either because these symptoms occur most after eating and when I'm trying to enjoy myself. What else could I possibly be suffering from?
Sorry to sound like I'm in a panic; I'm fretting over my symptoms every day and I'm getting worse all the while with no support from my doctors or family.