It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
(male)

adil HB User
could this be gerd or acid reflux ???

Well I took a pill like 5 weeks ago it was a oxyelitepro (capcule) so I took it on a dry mouth after that started to feel very bad went to an ent they said I should do an xray which I did and should lump so then to make sure I was sent for a ct scan which everything was clear no problem at all but I started to feel alot gassy and I went for 2 blood test which came back normal ecg normal then I went to an ent again cause this lump in throat came back he scoped me and said I have acid because I also start to get.a bitter or metallic taste in my throat and mouth well now when I get this taste I feel disgusting and sometimes naseus kicks in my head feels like pressure I feel a very funny and not good feeling from my throat down till my stomch I was given omprszole how long till I feel back to normal because I can't do anything only lay on the bed does anyone went through the same thing im only 20yo and really frighten that ill die

Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
(male)

adil HB User
Re: could this be gerd or acid reflux ???

Common somebody answer please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

the ranger HB User

It takes time for the ppis to work.In the meantime take some over the counter acid suppresent.If you are not feeling better in a week get a second opinion.Good luck

Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB Userkacyc HB User

it doesn't sound like you are about to die, though I understand it is frightening for you. The pill you took, the oxyelitepro, is full of caffeine, which can cause heartburn, nausea etc and can explain all of the strange reactions you had.

You have now been given omeprazole, which stop acid. This drug can be harmful and can lead to a downward spiral of symptoms and it can be difficult to come off.

The best thing you can do, is stop the oxy stuff, and stop the omeprazole. Go on a really strict healthy diet for a couple of weeks and you will feel better. If you stay on omeprazole you could find yourself in a much worse situation in a few weeks time. Do your reading on these forums.

No permananent damage would have been done by the oxyelitepro, and you will feel better very soon, if you allow your body to get back to normal functioning.

Reply Reply