It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
(male)

UKdave HB User
Your LPR thoughts please...

Hi all. Ive just found this thread and was wondering if anyone can help.Ive been suffering wjqt I thought was gerd or a nervous throat for afew months now. ..

†Basically it is often tight, or a feeling that the throat is swollen. My voice is often hoarse, I get an odd slightly burning feeling in my throat. My sinuses often feel congested or if im getting a cold. Ive never had asthma sometimes I get a really hacking cough which is accompanied by a horrid wheeze.

If I bend over it seems to be even worse...

This is starting to badly affect my life and im becoming desperate. Any thoughts or help would be so gratefully received.†Dave.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
(male)

UKdave HB User
Re: Your LPR thoughts please...

Just to add, I seem to belch ALL THE TIME!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
(female)

Sezza84 HB UserSezza84 HB User

Hi, i feel your pain. I suffered with a burning throat for 6yrs before a Dr finally diagnosed me with GERD which was only 18mnth ago. I am now pregnant so unable to have a scope until after the birth and i'm so terrified about what damage has been done.
Anyway it definitely sounds like GERD, sometimes the acid from your stomach can make it's way into the esophagus and create the symptoms you describe. This can also affect your sinus. Do you get idigestion or pain after eating? Sometimes you might not feel like you have acid reflux but it actually can happen at night when you're sleeping so try propping yourself up on pillows and don't eat at least 2hrs before bed time. Try to avoid foods that are acidic like tomataoes and tomato base things, citrus, caffiene and spicey foods. You should definitely see a Dr, they will probably prescribe you something the reduce the acid in your stomach and then go from there. Good luck

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
(male)

drinsac HB User

Yes those are symptoms of LPR which I have also experienced.

Have you tried a PPI like Prilosec? For me, it helped with the throat tightness quite a bit within a few days.

Reply Reply