It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
(female)

looseproduct HB User
Unhappy dark circles, swollen glands, twitching: "acid reflux"

Help!

21 yr old female
vegetarian, very health-conscious

In December I came down with bronchitis that didn't really get better. Unbelievable chest pressure.
After going to my primary care twice and being told "I was just getting better and needed to relax", I was finally sent to a pumonologist who told me I had asthma and was only at 51% lung capacity.

They put me on a steroid inhaler which I was on for a month before they knocked the dosage down because my lung function was returning to normal. I was nervous when they did that, however, because I still had a lot of pressure and pain sometimes. After another month I still had pressure but my lung function had returned to over 100% so they took me off the steroid inhaler. I told my pulmonologist I was still having pain... she then informed me that many people confuse the symptoms of acid reflux with asthma.

Since then my pressure and pain have gotten worse. I now have pressure all the time verses only sometimes. Additionally I have:
-dark circles under my eyes
-swollen glands/neck
-random muscle twitches all over my body
-sore throat and mucus
- random heart pounding especially when lying down
- occasional dry cough

In the past I have had bowel issues that I had always attributed to IBS but was never confirmed. Since all of this has started, however, my constipation and D has actually significantly improved.

My PCP attributes all of my symptoms to "acid reflux" even though I have a difficult time accepting that because everything came on so quickly and so terribly. I mean I feel like I constantly have strep throat now with the swollen glands and sore throat... plus the random twitching is just down right weird

I was prescribed a proton-pump ihibitor or whatever acid reducer, but that only made the heart pounding worse and didn't seem to do anything for the pain.

Now my doc is attributing it to the IBS I feel like isn't a problem anymore... so I'm on Levsin, an anti-spamotic that isn't doing anything for me.

Please let me know if anyone thinks there is a different board that I should try posting this on.
Also: has anyone else had as bizarre an experience with "acid reflux"?

Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply