It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

Paininpdx HB User
Gerd - go away

So I have been dealing with Gerd for over a year now. It seemed to come on fast while doing physical exercise. I have been to the emergency room several times feeling what I thought was Heart attack. This has happened several times. I have EKG's - all normal, a stress echo - came back negative ( good ).
My acid relux has caused me to be light headed and the Omeprazole that I was given in 20 and 40 mg doses seem to make the dizziness worse but help some with the reflux. The episodes seem to come and go as I try not to take the Omeprazole if I dont have to. I might go a couple weeks or month with out an issue, still watching what I eat then out of no where, I'll get horrible indigestion, burning in my chest, to the point where I can't even sleep because I can't lay down because I have to keep belching - horrible! In the past I haven't really had the issue of feeling the burning in my throat, now that's a new symptom, a sore throat, feeling like there's something stuck in my throat, nausea Just started getting pains in my shoulder blades, like a sharp pain at first, then a nagging pain that is kinda always there, but sometimes don't feel it to much. Oh and tingling in my hands just started recently, I injured my lower back about 8 weeks ago in th L4 area and have nerve pain and weekness in my left leg, not sure it the upper back pain is related to that or not. Been to chiropractor many times, physical therapy ( what a scam that is ) accupuncture - seemed to help with pain.

<I have read about> tingling hands and weakness in arms in connection with Gerd. Not sure about anyone out there, but I seem to have difficulty finging a dr that is really farmiiar on Gerd symptoms and how to help except throwing more drugs at it. Anyone else ever experienced Shoulder blade pains or tingling in the hands from Gerd?

Wish you all the best in resolving, I know how horrible this can make you feel.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-25-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
(female)

sparkletee HB User
Smile Re: Gerd - go away

Yes, I have a constant pain in the back of my right shoulder and sometimes in the middle of my back and I also have numbness in my hands and feet I went to the dr and they said it was just my anxiety. they were making me feel like I'm crazy and my hands and feet are not going numb all the symptoms you described I have too even down to the pain in your left leg . the pain in my leg moves around sometimes it in the back of my thigh,in my calf,right over my knee does your leg pain move around I was scared that something else was going wrong with me I was so happy when you mentioned your leg pain. Different people get different symptoms. but I hate when you get familiar with a symptom then new ones show up and then you are right back to square one. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
(male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User
Re: Gerd - go away

Quit the PPI's, eat less, eat better, don't eat late...

Have faith, it will get better - I had every one of the things that you describe, probably worse. Not saying that I don't have any symptoms now, because I do, but i'm better.

Reply Reply

Tags
acid reflux, chest pain, gerd, nausea, tingling