It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
(male)

newartriot84 HB User
Sick of this now...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. I went on PPIs to relieve a period of (what one doc thought was dyspepsia the other thought was reflux). i was on omeprazole for 2 months and then lanzoprasole for a month before coming off completely 6 weeks ago. For the first month i really didnt have any trouble but as of 2 weeks ago I've had a burning throat 2 hours or so after eating which doesnt go away through gaviscon or antacids. ive also tried going gluten and dairy free and cutting down on carbohydrates and have cut out alcohol and fizzy drinks as well. nothing seems to work for this and i didnt have any of this prior to going on the PPIs. i'm really worried i will end up with some sort of upper GI cancer but also worried about going back on PPIs. i have health anxiety which due to this is just not getting any better, i dont sleep with the worry of it all. I tried ranitidine but it made me feel depersonalised and dizzy. really wish i had never taken these in the first place.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Nick

Reply Reply