It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
(male)

belchingguy HB User
Constant belching & tight oesophagus

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
I was wondering if anyone can confirm these symptoms...I'm currently seeing doctors about my GERD issues, but I kind of feel like I'm alone in all this.

My issues:
1. Belching
2. Flatulence
3. Regurgitation
4. Tight feeling in throat and oesophagus
5. Stomach cramps
6. Small hiatal hernia

Basically, for the last couple of weeks I've felt really horrible. I get these bloating pains and some days I'm constantly belching. Along with the belching, my oesophagus feels tighter. Having a lot of flatulence as well.

The thing about the belching, it doesn't feel like normal belching. When I belch, I feel this ripple like sensation through my oesophagus. I'm currently on my first week of Dexilant and have quit smoking as of last week. I avoid all standard GERD triggers, and I'm just hoping this gets better soon. This really doesn't feel like living!

Does anyone else get the belching I mentioned above? I find it hard to believe it's my diet, I barely ate today and I've been getting these painful burps all day!

Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Re: Constant belching & tight oesophagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by belchingguy View Post
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
I was wondering if anyone can confirm these symptoms...I'm currently seeing doctors about my GERD issues, but I kind of feel like I'm alone in all this.

My issues:
1. Belching
2. Flatulence
3. Regurgitation
4. Tight feeling in throat and oesophagus
5. Stomach cramps
6. Small hiatal hernia

Basically, for the last couple of weeks I've felt really horrible. I get these bloating pains and some days I'm constantly belching. Along with the belching, my oesophagus feels tighter. Having a lot of flatulence as well.

The thing about the belching, it doesn't feel like normal belching. When I belch, I feel this ripple like sensation through my oesophagus. I'm currently on my first week of Dexilant and have quit smoking as of last week. I avoid all standard GERD triggers, and I'm just hoping this gets better soon. This really doesn't feel like living!

Does anyone else get the belching I mentioned above? I find it hard to believe it's my diet, I barely ate today and I've been getting these painful burps all day!
yes I have all your symptoms and more, do you have bloating? Also I see you used to smoke did it get difficult to exhale your smoke? With a shortness of breath? With me it feels like my bloating is pushing up against my lungs . I would have to exhale forcefully to get rid of the rest of smoke. I'm sorry it's hard to describe , and also do you have difficulty swallowing at times? The shortness of breath is my biggest concern, I have constant burps just drinking water and feel bloated weather I eat or not, curious do you have ear pain or presure, I found one other person that has this problem?

Last edited by Terlin; 09-10-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
(male)

belchingguy HB User

Good to see I'm not the only one! I only had the shortness of breath during my little episodes. It feels like I cant take a deep breath. My belching is at all hours, when i drink water to not eating for a couple if hours. The worst has to be this trapped gas feeling. It feels like there's an air bubble stuck in my chest, until I finally burp, and when i do burp, it barely even sounds like a burp. The bloating and trouble swallowing are actually my worst symptoms, although I don't have ear pressure but my nose usually feels plugged up.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Good to see I'm not the only one! I only had the shortness of breath during my little episodes. It feels like I cant take a deep breath. My belching is at all hours, when i drink water to not eating for a couple if hours. The worst has to be this trapped gas feeling. It feels like there's an air bubble stuck in my chest, until I finally burp, and when i do burp, it barely even sounds like a burp. The bloating and trouble swallowing are actually my worst symptoms, although I don't have ear pressure but my nose usually feels plugged up.
Does it feel like something pushing up into your diaphram when breathing and did your breathing get a little better after you quit smoking? I feel like I can't take a deep breath because it feels like my hernia is pushing up into my lungs, and my bloating only seems to be better in the mornings untill I eat which now it don't take much, i think I'm swallowing air. My docs deny that a hiatus and gerd cause my bloating and shortness of breath I'm really so fed up with these guys don't know what else to do it totaly ruined my life. I wake in the middle of the night whith a dry parched mouth and throat and my heart pounding I feel in my ears and vapors pushing up my throat and what feels like my nose and ears. Did you find anything that helps?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
(male)

belchingguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
Does it feel like something pushing up into your diaphram when breathing and did your breathing get a little better after you quit smoking? I feel like I can't take a deep breath because it feels like my hernia is pushing up into my lungs, and my bloating only seems to be better in the mornings untill I eat which now it don't take much, i think I'm swallowing air. My docs deny that a hiatus and gerd cause my bloating and shortness of breath I'm really so fed up with these guys don't know what else to do it totaly ruined my life. I wake in the middle of the night whith a dry parched mouth and throat and my heart pounding I feel in my ears and vapors pushing up my throat and what feels like my nose and ears. Did you find anything that helps?
Trust me I know how you feel. I think with exception to your ear issue we have the same symptoms. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a pounding heart and difficulty breathing. I actually just went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

I think the best way to describe my issue is a pressure I feel right in the middle where my ribcage ends. When it gets really bad, I'm so out of breath I can barely talk. I've been told that this issue is caused by excess bloating, your stomach apparently pushes on all your other organs nearby.

So far not much has really helped, but i will keep you posted on the situation. I've been eating oatmeal and soup for the last week as I feel I can barely swallow anything else. Going to see the GI on the 20th. I think quitting smoking has helped the breathing issue a little though, I don't wake up with the heart palpitations anymore and I find it easier to sleep at night.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Trust me I know how you feel. I think with exception to your ear issue we have the same symptoms. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a pounding heart and difficulty breathing. I actually just went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

I think the best way to describe my issue is a pressure I feel right in the middle where my ribcage ends. When it gets really bad, I'm so out of breath I can barely talk. I've been told that this issue is caused by excess bloating, your stomach apparently pushes on all your other organs nearby.

So far not much has really helped, but i will keep you posted on the situation. I've been eating oatmeal and soup for the last week as I feel I can barely swallow anything else. Going to see the GI on the 20th. I think quitting smoking has helped the breathing issue a little though, I don't wake up with the heart palpitations anymore and I find it easier to sleep at night.
Thanks going to ent tomarrow hope they can tell me something I get bloating all the way to the belt line feels like my whole intestines are filled with air , and I trying to quit smoking because it feels like I can't exhale all the smoke and my mouth and throat now feels numb and trying the fodmap diet but now have cravings for sweets which I don't know causes bloating but I feel I'm ingesting air in my intestines and chest do you. And do you have anxiety?

Reply Reply