It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Tips Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

Jenna83184 HB User
Wink What I've been using

Ok, so I've been having acne problems for at least 10 years now and I'm already 22. As I got older, I expected it to go away on its own because I thought it was more of an adolescent problem. Since it hasn't, I had to consult with a dermatologist. She prescribed me a medicine called Solodyn (an acne pill) and Oscion cleanser (a benzoyl peroxide wash).

The pill didn't do anything for me so I started researching. I learned that Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties and have been taking a Zinc supplenent for about two weeks now. The cleanser is really good as well. I've spent a lot of time researching and have experimented with a lot of different products. Proactiv, Neutrogena, Noxema, Ponds, Clearasil, Tetracycline, Cetaphil, etc. None of that stuff worked. I was also on the pill for a while. Be careful if you get on the pill bc when you stop taking it, your skin will go crazy. My advice would be to steer clear from it if you want it to help your skin. If you want it for the purpose of birth control, you may want to look to other contraceptive methods bc it can break you out terribly once you get off of it. Um, I'm trying to think...oh yes and diet plays a major role. Instead of drinking all the spring water, drink mineral water. For example: Perrier, San Pellegrino, Gerolsteiner, Apollinaris. Mineral water tastes pretty bad but if you drink it consistently, you'll definitely see results.

Also, eat sunflower seed kernels. You can buy them from the supermarket already shelled. The kernels are high in vitamin E which is really important to skin health. Eat dried apricots bc they have tons of vitamin A and if you take Zinc, make sure it's on a full stomach or else you will throw up (eww). That's all I've got for now. I learned that it's not only about what you put on your skin but also what you put in your body. The skin is the largest organ of the body and if your liver and kidneys are working overtime trying to filter out the junk you eat, your skin is going to have to pitch in also to get rid of it. Then, tada!! You have a zit. Be mindful of those things and do your research. It will help.

Best of Luck,
Jenna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread